rooster59

Poll: What should Phuket do about the deadly Patong Hill road?

57 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Err- I did read your post and what you wrote was WRONG about buses - I take it engrish not yua firt langage!

I quote "Nop they are banned going over the Kathu hill." Pretty clear what you said.

if you want to insult people get your facts (and grammar) right.  

If you really believe a tunnel will ever be built I have some great swampland for sale as well,. 

Not another airport site! Hang on while I get some shares in sand and trucks. Has it got snakes too? You must be sitting on a fortune...

Yeah, there's about as much chance of the tunnel as the aircraft carrier getting planes...

6 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Not another airport site! Hang on while I get some shares in sand and trucks. Has it got snakes too? You must be sitting on a fortune...

Yeah, there's about as much chance of the tunnel as the aircraft carrier getting planes...

Its coming because i have seen already computer animated images of the Patong tunnel don't worry😃

1 person likes this

Providing a durable solution to the problem of the "hill" would require massive infrastructure investment which would require Government support.

All the talk about tunnels etc is just so much hot air until such time  as National government commit to resolving the issue.

21 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its coming because i have seen already computer animated images of the Patong tunnel don't worry😃

I hope they become real.

I won't hold my breath though.

:sleep:

1 hour ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I hope they become real.

I won't hold my breath though.

:sleep:

The only small delay that i can come up with that could slow it down is?

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The only small delay that i can come up with that could slow it down is?

Don't worry, they will borrow the money off the Chinese, and everyone will get a brown envelope as normal.....

:laugh:

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Don't worry, they will borrow the money off the Chinese, and everyone will get a brown envelope as normal.....

:laugh:

Finding budget is a time consuming proces.

9 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Finding budget is a time consuming proces.

Just comes down to money as you say. They can find the money same as the submarines, depends on who gets it as to if and when it will be built.

The high speed railway is much the same, all those over passes ( no level crossings I hope) have to be built.

Contracts are the name of the game.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:25 AM, Cadbury said:

All trucks and buses using the hill should be made to have extra and more powerful amulets hanging in the drivers cabin.

39 years ago on our honeymoon, my wife and I took an "orange crush" bus across the mountains from Loei on the way to Chaing Mai.  Every corner with a 500 foot drop-off and many memorial spirit markers, the driver would let go of the steering wheel and Wai.  Bus with shot springs and no shocks.  I think my wife and I were the only passengers for awhile, except for a half-dozen monks riding free in the back. They had a good time, me not so much.

For those who don't know, "orange crush" buses are those local ones that meet head-on on the highway with other buses or 10-wheel trucks.  Used to be many locations across from police stations in the boonies where they parked the wreckage.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:58 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Tunnel it and meanwhile bann it for all trucks (excep fire trucks) busses and tuk tuks!

Plus mini vans and taxis !

1 person likes this

On 7/18/2017 at 4:53 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Its coming?....only 6 years ago, this month that it was announced that it was coming!

1 person likes this