jeffandgop

What Snake Is This?

20 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2017 at 1:40 PM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Which ones on TV are you talking about ? 

OP you can look on FB we have a great snake forum in HH called snakes of Hua Hin. The group is easy to join and you can place photos for identification. They even have a catching service locally. 

I thought the snakes of HH was affiliated to the snakes of CM. 

I spent a long time reading that page, excellent info and the experts on their are indeed experts, not the ones on here where we end up with 10 different species.

well worth a browse if nothing else.

and to prove a point, I was going to suggest it was a young golden tree snake that hadnt yet developed the coloured markings.

5 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I was going to suggest it was a young golden tree snake that hadnt yet developed the coloured markings.

I originally thought he was a Golden, but on closer inspection he really doesn't look anything like one.

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The world’s fastest snake can’t travel faster than a human. The black mamba, the current record-holder for fastest snake, can only travel 12 mph. The average human can run at least 15 mph.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-snake-run-faster-than-a-man

I think you will find only Usain Bolt can outrun a snake then when he is sprinting at 22mph.

a pro marathon runner is doing 13mph at world record pace

and eyecatcher can still just about manage a 10k (6miles) in 45 minutes so thats 8mph

but hey if you are likely to see a black mamba make sure you have your fat mate with you

23 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I thought the snakes of HH was affiliated to the snakes of CM. 

I spent a long time reading that page, excellent info and the experts on their are indeed experts, not the ones on here where we end up with 10 different species.

well worth a browse if nothing else.

and to prove a point, I was going to suggest it was a young golden tree snake that hadnt yet developed the coloured markings.

Post ID #11

"Facebook page by same people "Snakes of Chiang Mai"