carlsimp

Medical Insurance

22 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, al007 said:

Some observations first of all the existing system is costing the Thai government

Many older people as individuals find insurance unacceptably high

If a government scheme were put in place at sensible cost, which it could be expats would be happy to pay

the Thai government makes some money and eliminates the financial drain

Win Win Win, no losers

I rather like the outcome

Older individuals find insurance premiums high because the risk is high.

Sensible cost for whom? You mean affordable to the older expats?

In that case the Thai government will not be making any money.

1 person likes this

Repatriation insurance is also an option, has to be concluded before the age of 65 however.

My insurance will go up from ฿11 000 -ish  to ฿15 154 in December and I will likely be obliged to stop paying even this relatively cheap insurance.

https://www.thaihealth.co.th/product_simply_eng.php

Companies will guarantee you that you can continue on their plan to a high age but they forget to mention (very small print) that they can adjust premiums or cancel the insurance at any time.

On 16/07/2017 at 9:11 AM, tonray said:

What do you consider expensive ? What is your age ?

Hi

expensive!! i would say over £300 i know it can be costly to get medical insurance, but i would not live there without it, i did have an accident once on a MB taxi a car hit us in Pattaya, 2 weeks in hospital with a broken leg over 600,000 baht bill, bkk hospital very good by the way. luckily i had 90 day holiday insurance so i was covered but the longest i can find in uk is 120 day holiday insurance. I  will be spending at least 6 months at a time. I am 48.

33 minutes ago, carlsimp said:

Hi

expensive!! i would say over £300 i know it can be costly to get medical insurance, but i would not live there without it, i did have an accident once on a MB taxi a car hit us in Pattaya, 2 weeks in hospital with a broken leg over 600,000 baht bill, bkk hospital very good by the way. luckily i had 90 day holiday insurance so i was covered but the longest i can find in uk is 120 day holiday insurance. I  will be spending at least 6 months at a time. I am 48.

You can find a good coverage policy at age 48 for far less than that in Thailand. You can explore various coverages here :

http://bupa.co.th/en/individuals/health-insurance/individual/index.aspx#.WXYEiIR97bg

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, tonray said:

You can find a good coverage policy at age 48 for far less than that in Thailand. You can explore various coverages here :

http://bupa.co.th/en/individuals/health-insurance/individual/index.aspx#.WXYEiIR97bg

Thanks for that. but for some reason i cant go on thst site Norton stopping me. Not just your link i searched bupa thailand same result. Norton says malicious site. Will try again later 

13 minutes ago, richy2201 said:

also look at MSH International. Very good.

great thanks will do