Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Thai Immigration nabs four alleged Nigerian scammers

Four alleged Nigerian scammers nabbed

By Thai PBS

vlcsnap-2017-07-16-19h15m10s387.png

BANGKOK: -- Four members of a “Nigerian scam” gang have been arrested by the immigration police for allegedly duping several victims of over ten million baht in Thailand.

The alleged scammers were identified as Anthony Chicha, a 27-year old Zambian; Mohammed Mansana, a 33-year old Sierra Leonean, 32-year old Victor Uzoho Ndubuisi and 26-year old David Uzoho Reginald, both Nigerians.

Pol Gen Chalermkiat Srivorakhan, the deputy national police chief, said Sunday that the arrest of the “Nigerian scam” gang followed complaints from several victims that they were cheated from the gang members who claimed to be a US army officer, a western doctor and a pilot.

He said that these alleged scammers used the profiles of good-looking and wealthy men in their Facebook accounts to attract and convince their potential victims who would eventually be lured to transfer money to their accounts for non-existent charity or business deal.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-alleged-nigerian-scammers-nabbed/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-17

A photo yet no pointing!  The names are useless - we need to see faces.  There's a hundren possibles round soi 5 & 7 Nana.

12 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

+1 Tonray, But I am still amazed at the number of people who still fall for these scams. As you say, lonely women, maybe, but as soon as a fee is requested from someone you never met should send alarm bells ringing.

By the way, if anyone wants to help. I am a young vibrant slim blonde girl who needs some funds to pay for my photoshoot portfolio.........:smile:

They typically prey on Asian women because of the stigma of being unmarried after 30 for example. The Vietnamese lady was a professor, 34 years old but had increasing pressure from parents and siblings to find a husband. 

• Like 2

More quality Tourists dont you love it there all over nana  these days

• Like 1

Includes 1 from Zambia and another from Sierra Leone. These guys are giving Nigeria a bad name.

The two Nigerians were possibly the leaders of the "Nigerian Gang" because there two of them.

If there were two Zambians instead of two Nigerians would it be termed a "Zambian Gang"?

Doubtful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk