Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Video: Now you see it, now you don't - how tourist lost his phone in Pattaya

Video: Now you see it, now you don't - how tourist lost his phone in Pattaya

1pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A video at a beer bar in Pattaya shows how an Omani tourist had his phone stolen as he was enjoying a drink.

A young fake brand watch seller comes in with his wares and uses the merchandise as cover as he slips his hand under to steal the phone.

It was all caught on the bar CCTV.

Stolen was a 10,000 baht value Samsung smartphone.

The matter was reported to police but the thief got away without a trace.

Tnews reported that theft by watch sellers was a perennial problem. There had also been physical assault cases both against tourists for refusing buy and bar owners for refusing to let them in, said the news media.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-17

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Then you would be avoiding most of the bars in Pattaya.

I think you mean avoid Thailand or the world ... ?   lol

• Like 1

wheres the video…all I'm seeing is a still from a video…..I want to see the thai's technique

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There had also been physical assault cases both against tourists for refusing buy

wish i hadnt read that; really ? 'you dont buy my fake crap, so i beat you up' ?

6 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

wish i hadnt read that; really ? 'you dont buy my fake crap, so i beat you up' ?

Usually, after about 18 vendors have pestered the living shit out of someone, they start telling them to F*^k off.

I've wanted to do it more than once, but usually I just move on to someplace else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Now while the Omani guy is dumb for leaving his phone on the bar, rather than keeping it in his pocket, why is the thief able to wander about selling fake goods? Every bar in town gets them every night. If the cops arrested them and seized the fake gear, the practice would soon stop, we could have a beer without being continuously hassled and the opportunities for theft like this would cease at the same time. Cops obviously being paid to turn a blind eye.

Just like how MBK is full of fakes and all elsewhere in Thailand. These businesses and retailers keeps the cops on the take. Why break your own rice bowl?

• Like 1