Thailand Forum
webfact

Video: Now you see it, now you don't - how tourist lost his phone in Pattaya

twizzian    250

Another good reason why I will not visit Pattaya again.

jacko45k    4,601

Wasn't exactly 'slick', clumsy if anything.

They should not be allowed in the bar area, even the kids will take something given an opportunity.

TunnelRat69    847
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Maybe i'm missing a trick here but selling fake watches is illigal?

Of course not, if it were, they would have to close one-third of MBK in Bangkok :cheesy:      -   these are not Counterfeit Watches - They are "Authorized Replicas" so not exactly counterfeit - as told to me by a US Customs Agent in Bangkok some years ago.........of course, he said that with tongue in cheek  then said "....and if you believe that, I have a bridge in the Sahara I will sell you."  How they get around the Copyright law's is, they are not 'exact' copies with every detail exactly like the original.......so technically not Counterfeit.

I too wonder how it was so easy for him to do this with so many people even looking at him, this loos like "Training Film" showing you how they can easily steal your stuff.................

Edited by TunnelRat69

Rimmer    4,253

An off topic OTT post defaming the RTP has been removed

Also a flame and counter flame

juice777    445
Another possibility is the Omani guy was a tightwad or just an A hole. Didn't tip anyone while nursing one drink for several hours while trying to negotiate a ฿500 tryst. 

Ehh what's that got to do with the watch seller anyway and not to mention you are stereotyping

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

juice777    445
Look at the bigger picture, girl behind bar, right in front of him, girl talking to customer, all see what's going on, like fish taking a bite of the bait, you can't be that blind, every opportunity, they will have a go, oh wait don't tell me, they are there to show you a good time for peanuts, look at the bigger picture mate, the bigger picture 

Nonsense

JimmyJ    186

I read years ago about this going on at outdoor cafes with tourists, I believe in Italy.

One or two young guys would approach a table of tourists. I don't recall the ruse - perhaps just to ask them some questions.

Meanwhile they would have a newspaper in hand, and lean on the table and cover a cell phone with the paper.

Then say "Bye" and take off before anyone noticed that the phone was gone.

• Like 1

Grumpy Duck    206
5 hours ago, juice777 said:

Ehh what's that got to do with the watch seller anyway and not to mention you are stereotyping

Not stereotyping anyone can be a cheap charlie. When I used to drink I have seen many people get scammed, when the people were pleasant others would tend to intervene, when they were a$$*s others would have no problem looking the other way.  kharma perhaps?

daphnia88    21
Posted (edited)

Another stupid guy getting distracted by a girl and leaves his phone that far away from him....

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic troll comment removed
  • Like 1

Jimbo53    102

Precisely why the owner of The Bodega Bar on Pattaya 2nd Road does not allow hawkers inside the bar,he told me about this problem two years ago.

All other bars should follow suit! Problem eliminated!