Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Who cares, put the idiot in jail...

What lock him up for life or any amount of time for putting a coin on a railway track? Hahahaha righto mate off to bed 

Edited by starky

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now that would be one hot viral youtube video. 

especially if it was done like most of his most popular videos .....in slow motion.

49 minutes ago, roo860 said:

He's already appeared in front of Railway Authorities, and immigration are investigating.

Apparently he is going on a 4 week holiday around the world with his 20y.o. fiancée next month ...... he might find he is not allowed back even if nothing else transpires.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, starky said:

What lock him up for life or any amount of time for putting a coin on a railway track? Hahahaha righto mate off to bed 

My post 254.. In two weeks kick him out and send him to -- Kho Tao ?

"My Mate Who?"

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1

Turf this jerk out of Thailand and get ready for the copy cat losers who think this guy is funny some how.

Geezer

• Like 1

Is Nate one of those Americans that we all have heard about, the not so good looking ones. 

He sure seems to be a pest for what ever reason we don't know.

Attitude problem?

Geezer

9 hours ago, kamahele said:

Placing coins on the railroad track seems to be the least offensive thing he has done....

Even though the late king is on the coins......you may want to reconsider your comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

HYPOTHESIS

A poor kid sees the jerk smeering his coins on a track, ......

after the show the kid runs on the track to search for any coins left and gets killed by a train....

what will you tell the kids parents?   That is was all a "misunderstanding??????"

8 hours ago, sambum said:

I didn't! And I can't remember any of my mates doing it either! Different times I suppose!

Goody, goody two shoes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JAG said:

Absolutely! How about a petition to make wearing a baseball cap when over the age of 18 a criminal offence, and wearing one back to front a capital offence!!
:)

....with the exception of those of us that have a bald spot that we don't want sunburned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ha ha, I bet it would get a few natizens up in arms...

Thais should chuck him in jail, everyone will have forgotten about him in a week...

NEXT!

It is  spelled "netizens" like in " internet" ?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Deli said:

None of these ol' guys complaining here never ever put coins on a track when young ?

I did, so what ?

You have the nerve and audacity to defend this criminal but why would one be surprised when the saying birds of one feather flock together quite aptly applies to people with ill intentions.

This person should be deported. If you come to Asia, behave appropriately and in a manner befitting that of a guest with manners. 

Edited by mvdf
  • Like 2

One way the gov't handles cases like this is to wait until he leaves the country then blacklist him for re-entry. No arrest or trial, minimal publicity, no legal standing for the accused, and no explanation required.  And once you are out, it's nearly impossible to get back in. Personally, though, I think it's better to articulate the charges and use the justice system.

UPDATE:

Nate apologises for railway-track coin prank and may face charges

By THE NATION

8f4c05f52a0e00673179c2dcf3e3ab34.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- YOUTUBE PRANKSTER Nate Bartling, better known on Facebook as My Mate Nate, yesterday apologised to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) over his video clip in which he placed several coins on a railway track to test their strength.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/992949-nate-apologises-for-railway-track-coin-prank-and-may-face-charges/