webfact

Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

311 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

Apparently he is going on a 4 week holiday around the world with his 20y.o. fiancée next month ...... he might find he is not allowed back even if nothing else transpires.

He will get married so he can live in Thailand based on the marriage . They can't kick him out that easily , unless he is breaking the law of course.   

22 hours ago, zzidenn said:

It is  spelled "netizens" like in " internet" 🙈

I can spell thanks, just another made up word...

Do with it as you want, I was taking the pi55 (oh, did I spell that wrong too).

:passifier:

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, starky said:

Mate I think he's an idiot but that doesn't justify a jail sentence IMO. If the Thais want to kick him out up to them I won't miss him. I think a few people might be getting a bit carried away with what to do with this clown but. I didn't see 17 pages of venom getting spit after the bloke that tortured that child with hot water the other day so lets get a bit of perspective eh?

Granted. I don't think the idiot needs to go to jail, but he should have his internet access cut for a year or two. Kick him out for not having a work permit.

Nasty case abusing and torturing a kid and I hope he is dealt with severally, long jail time for sure.

:thumbsup:

22 hours ago, mvdf said:

You have the nerve and audacity to defend this criminal but why would one be surprised when the saying birds of one feather flock together quite aptly applies to people with ill intentions.

This person should be deported. If you come to Asia, behave appropriately and in a manner befitting that of a guest with manners. 

Totally agree. I wish the many people that move to other countries in the world would adhere to that too...

I didn't come here to impose my culture on Thailand (although they do have some problems let's face it) and try my best to fit in and respect the culture.

:wai:

Perhaps its just Me , but if your in say 7/11 and the Guy in front of you has Baseball Hat on Backwards, its best to walk around a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I highly doubt that Thailand would give two hoots if a coin bearing the Queen of England's head was on it. 

To be brutally honest I doubt whether many Englishmen, Scots or Welshmen would give two hoots, including loyal subjects of Her Majesty like me.

3 hours ago, nasanews said:

Well If you ask an American living here long enough would probably tell you in details found in this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amity_and_Economic_Relations_(Thailand–United_States)

I am an expat American who has lived here for 20 years. I had a feeling that you would cite the Treaty of Amity as giving Americans some kind of "edge". You couldn't be more wrong in your assumption and statement. The so-called treaty specifically denies land ownership rights. In fact, for the average expat, the treaty offers absolutely nothing, nothing, and nothing... 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Green Acres said:

The so-called treaty specifically denies land ownership rights.

Under the treaty, Thailand restricts American investment from the following fields of business:

6-Owning land.

I heard from a friend that it is under certain space so, if you own your company according to the treaty it means you can buy land.

I hope I am not wrong on this one.

On 2017-07-18 at 8:16 PM, USPatriot said:

Yes and ads can be skipped. Do you have a YouTube channel.. I do

Completely irrelevant. You wrote that people have to click on ads in order for Youtubers to earn money. This is incorrect, as they can make money from people just watching the ads. Again: the fact that people might skip the ads doesn't change the fact that Youtubers can make money without endorsements and people clicking the ads, as long as people watch them.

1 person likes this