Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Chiang Mai Wins Best City In Asia and Third Best City in the World by Travel and Leisure Magazine

Chiang Mai Wins Best City In Asia and Third Best City in the World by Travel and Leisure Magazine

by CityNews

Travel-and-Leisure.png

CityNews-  Chiang Mai has been crowned the best city in Asia and third best city in the world in this years Travel and Leisure World’s Best Awards 2017.

With a score of 91.40, Chiang Mai has beaten Kyoto, Japan to first place in this years Top 10 Cities in Asia, and our local hotel 137 Pillars House has won first place in The 10 Best Resort Hotels in Southeast Asia, second place in Top 10 Best City Hotels in Asia and 13th in the Top 100 Hotels in the World.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/chiang-mai-wins-best-city-in-asia-and-third-best-city-in-the-world-by-travel-and-leisure-magazine/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-7-17
  • Like 1

Third best city  in the world eh? I guess all the other cities in the world are pretty disappointing then. Except for maybe two. But the bar is much lower than I had imagined.

• Like 2

Been to Chiang Mai and other smaller cities in Thailand, and I find that most are more pricy for most

products than in Bangkok. The pollution in Bangkok that is there year round,  is why I guess most people

would rather live in a less polluted place. I like a coastal city better as when I leave the cold snowy Winter

weather I like being near the ocean and not in the hilly part of Thailand.

Geezer

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Should be number one like Beijing, but I understand, you cannot have two 1st place winners

Just watched this independent documentary for the first time. Excellent job Marisa. Identifies the problem and the dangers to health, shows how the issues can be addressed with the right commitment.

2 hours ago, clockman said:

Just do not come here, in January, Febuary, or March. If you value your health! Who got paid for this total bull-st?

More like mid-February to mid-April (Songkran). Many permanent residents who can, leave Chiang Mai for their holidays elsewhere during this time. Of course the vast majority do not have this luxury and must suffer.

Jan to mid Feb usually a great time to visit Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, clockman said:

15 years ago, Chiang Mai. Was an interesting, and cheap living. Not now! Greed and corruption have destroyed it.

and excess traffic generated by far more people and cars than back then; i do agree, back then, it was a pleasant enough place