snoop1130

Chiang Mai Wins Best City In Asia and Third Best City in the World by Travel and Leisure Magazine

11 hours ago, Pim Kemasingki said:

I wrote to Travel+Leisure to ask them why Chiang Mai was voted, here was their answer: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/citylife-articles/editorial-august-2017/

So the answer was "culture and history", plus "Chiang Mai has many top properties that deliver a standout guest experience".

With due respect, and with a proviso that do I like CM, I wonder how many places in Asia fill, and exceed, that criteria....sans the pollution during certain months (not days) of the year. 

I'll have to stick to my very first statement here, the Chinese tourists voted up the place. They may not be "posh travelers" as someone noted before, but the numbers (i.e. just 5% voting for CM) can overwhelm any travel ranking.

2 hours ago, elzach said:

So the answer was "culture and history", plus "Chiang Mai has many top properties that deliver a standout guest experience".

With due respect, and with a proviso that do I like CM, I wonder how many places in Asia fill, and exceed, that criteria....sans the pollution during certain months (not days) of the year. 

I'll have to stick to my very first statement here, the Chinese tourists voted up the place. They may not be "posh travelers" as someone noted before, but the numbers (i.e. just 5% voting for CM) can overwhelm any travel ranking.

Expats are, by and large, stuck with a place 365 a year, but tourists can visit when a location is at its best.

Edited by Ruffian Dick