Ian1980

Non 0 visa and denied entry

67 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

I just obtain, here in France, a three months non O visa as marry to thai female. One of the point needeed for obtin this visa is to show to the local Consulate a financial proof of equivalent 20.000 thb. I bring a copy of both my accounts here in Europe and with Kasikorn in Thailand.

Will fliy back to Thailand this Sunday: should they will ask me again the proof of 20.000 thb at the immigration or not? Cause if they do why they ask the bank statement for obtain the visa?

ID: 2   Posted

They might!  The Immigration police and the Embassy staff work for different government departments as they also do in France. 

ID: 4   Posted

Yes they might ask to see 20K but it's unlikely given your type of visa.

2 people like this

ID: 5   Posted (edited)

It's not 20000 bath it's 5000€ on bank statements during 3 months.

""""

6 Un relevé bancaire récent avec un solde créditeur minimum de 5000 euros (l’exemplaire de relevé bancaire imprimé sur l’internet n’est pas recevable, à défaut, cet exemplaire doit être signé et tamponné par la banque) ou l’original d’une attestation bancaire justifiant le solde créditeur demandé

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-non-immigrant-«-o-»/

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post

ID: 6   Posted

6 hours ago, pby92 said:

It's not 20000 bath it's 5000€ on bank statements during 3 months.

""""

6 Un relevé bancaire récent avec un solde créditeur minimum de 5000 euros (l’exemplaire de relevé bancaire imprimé sur l’internet n’est pas recevable, à défaut, cet exemplaire doit être signé et tamponné par la banque) ou l’original d’une attestation bancaire justifiant le solde créditeur demandé

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa/visa-non-immigrant-«-o-»/

I think that is is an error. It should be 500 euros which is about 20k baht.

1 person likes this

ID: 7   Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai French embassy says €5000 for both non o retierd (3 months bank statement) and non o marriage (one month bank statement). Also states Consulates can not issue non o visa's. Which was my point when asking the OP

Edited by jeab1980

ID: 8   Posted

A baiting post and the resultant replies to it has been removed.

2 people like this

ID: 9   Posted

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Thai French embassy says €5000 for both non o retierd (3 months bank statement) and non o marriage (one month bank statement). Also states Consulates can not issue non o visa's. Which was my point when asking the OP

I will stand by my statement about the error. Why would the OP write 20k baht if the they really wanted almost 200k baht.

Not sure where it says they cannot issue a non-o visa. The embassy and the consulates may not issue one for being 50 or over. The embassy would only do a OA visa.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I will stand by my statement about the error. Why would the OP write 20k baht if the they really wanted almost 200k baht.

Not sure where it says they cannot issue a non-o visa. The embassy and the consulates may not issue one for being 50 or over. The embassy would only do a OA visa.

Its been on here and ive seen it on a website somewhere that consulates in france can now only issue Tourist or transit visa's will look for link on web later

ID: 12   Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

5000 euros as per the websites financial requirements is almost 200,000 baht, not 20,000 baht.

I had to show the equivalent of 200,000 baht to obtain a single entry Non Imm O in the UK 3 years ago, so nothing unusual that the French request the same.

Edited by Tanoshi

16 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Its been on here and ive seen it on a website somewhere that consulates in france can now only issue Tourist or transit visa's will look for link on web later

I think you may be remembering posts referencing the fact that many (all?) Honorary Consulates can only issue Single-Entry visas, now.  They can still issue non-Immigrant visas, such as a Non-O - just not "1 Year Multiple Entry" variations of those. 

The Embassy and Consulates in France does add some additional restrictions (I have to wonder if colonial-period issues/conflicts are a factor in this) - but each Embassy/Consulate makes up many of its own rules and may or may not offer a particular type of visa.

1 person likes this

Just now, JackThompson said:

I think you may be remembering posts referencing the fact that many (all?) Honorary Consulates can only issue Single-Entry visas, now.  They can still issue non-Immigrant visas, such as a Non-O - just not "1 Year Multiple Entry" variations of those. 

The Embassy and Consulates in France does add some additional restrictions (I have to wonder if colonial-period issues/conflicts are a factor in this) - but each Embassy/Consulate makes up many of its own rules and may or may not offer a particular type of visa.

No it was specifically about france