Thaivisa Web Content Team

Man stuck in cash machine feeds 'help' notes through receipt slot

9 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

A workman trapped inside a cash machine was forced to pass handwritten notes through the receipt slot to summon help - but customers thought it was a joke.

He became stuck when changing a lock to a room that leads to the back of the ATM, said police in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Lieutenant Chris Hooper said: "Apparently he left his cellphone and the swipe card he needed to get out of the room outside in his truck."

When he realised he was trapped with no way to communicate, he resorted to sliding notes through the slot.

One read: "Please help. I'm stuck in here and I don't have my phone. Please call my boss ..."

People withdrawing cash though it was a prank, but luckily one called police who heard a faint voice from inside the machine.

Full article

1 person likes this

ID: 2   Posted

and so many tried to get in that machine........... 

ID: 3   Posted

at first i thought funny

but i imagine it was a hellish nightmare to be stuck like this thinking would i ever get out alive

2 people like this

ID: 4   Posted

Thank God he survived.

ID: 5   Posted

They kicked down the door and freed the red-faced worker - his name has so far not been released.

Golly he must have been in there for minutes or maybe even a couple of hours. Makes the trauma suffered by people in Syria or Afghanistan or refugees adrift on a boat fleeing to southern Europe from one sort of hell or another seem trivial in comparison.

It's understandable why he hasn't stepped forward to release his name.

18 hours ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

"Apparently he left his cellphone and the swipe card he needed to get out of the room outside in his truck."

One wonders why kicking down the door seemed a better option than calling his boss to open the door or getting the swipe card from his truck assuming the genius hadn't locked it away securely.

ID: 6   Posted

52 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Golly he must have been in there for minutes or maybe even a couple of hours. Makes the trauma suffered by people in Syria or Afghanistan or refugees adrift on a boat fleeing to southern Europe from one sort of hell or another seem trivial in comparison.

It's understandable why he hasn't stepped forward to release his name.

One wonders why kicking down the door seemed a better option than calling his boss to open the door or getting the swipe card from his truck assuming the genius hadn't locked it away securely.

His name? Mr Bean I believe 

ID: 7   Posted

1 hour ago, Nemesis7 said:

Thank God he survived.

he who dies with the most money -WINS:lock:

ID: 8   Posted

42 minutes ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

His name? Mr Bean I believe 

Mr Bean would have written the notes on $100 bills and would still have been in there

ID: 9   Posted

You can kick the door down to get into a cash machine?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 person likes this