Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Thomaspaul

Shambles in Chaingrai Immigration today

YetAnother    1,640
On 7/18/2017 at 9:11 PM, sanemax said:

I jolly well hope that you showed them your displeasure, I hope that you stamped your feet on the way out, tutted loudly, so that they could hear and slammed the door  shut on the way out muttering loudly about how much money you bring into the Thai economy and they cant even afford decent computers ....and saying that you wont be going back there again

That will help, negatively!

sanemax    2,038
2 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

That will help, negatively!

It will be letting CR immigration know that their computers breaking down, just isnt acceptable .

They need to be told

Flustered    1,601
3 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

OK, I think we've made our point, that Chiang Rai Immigration is a great place most of the time.

Abusing the OP further doesn't achieve much.

I agree.

And in fairness to the OP, only last year he was singing the praises for Chiang Rai immigration.

He has been having trouble recruiting Myanmar workers for his chicken and turkey ranch so is probably under a bit of strain.

• Like 2

thaibeachlovers    8,970
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Flustered said:

Have I missed something here.

The OP wanted a 90 day report. The computers were down but the staff still sorted out the 90 day report for him and if you can decipher the timing on his post, all in under 40 minutes.

He is right, disgusting way to treat a Farang. He should have been made to arrive at 4 AM for a number and wait 12 hours.

If you had read the OP he was complaining on behalf of those told to come back another day, not himself.

Can't believe how many bending over to excuse a shambles.

If I had come from far away and was told to come back another day because their IT is rubbish I'd be extremely PO as well.

TerrylSky    179

Have always found CR immigration fast, efficient and friendly. Mae Sai too generally, but CR especially. Computers down once in a blue moon? BFD. Be thankful they saw you and gave you a visa; hope you smiled and were polite, sir.

• Like 1

scorecard    8,382
On 7/19/2017 at 9:01 AM, moe666 said:

I love it another nail in the coffin haven't heard that one in a while

I guess the suggestion is that the 'computer down' is deliberate to encourage all farang to leave.

OP needs to get out more.

kevvy    1,299

we here are so lucky to have the officers in Chiang Rai immigration.They are so helpful and polite very time I have been there .

• Like 1

KhonKaenKowboy    786

I used to have a crush on the smiley border agent at Maesai.......don't have to go anymore, but she was pleasant and very easy on the eyes.  Just about the opposite of the card carrying butches with sideburns at the us ports.