Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Man rescued after being trapped for three days in Samui jungle is British TV star

26 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Do we get to hear how this all happened? Was it a motorcycle accident?

there are a few salutary points to be made there - not least the cost of private healthcare and even the emergency services need to report their role in the incident.

Did you not read the original post above? It quite clearly states he had a fall whilst trekking, so nothing to do with a motorcycle accident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

570,000 per night something wrong with the reporting here.

90,000 over 4,000gbp for knee / leg repairs again this seems a little on the high side.

The British embassy is involved, wow a first they want him to fly to the main land.  I would have thought his insurance would take care of all this?  Or is it void, did he have insurance?

Just like an episode of East Enders all doom and gloom dadadadadaddddddaaaaaaa.

I had my right leg and right arm reconstructed with plates and screws here after an accident. 250,000 baht, cost met by insurance.

• Like 2

No prizes for guessing which hospital is responsible for the extortion on Samui, there's a chain of them all over Thailand & allegedly all the ambulances (they're private), are bribed to bring any farangs straight to them rather than to the gov. hospitals, where they then charge sky high prices and (allegedly)hold on to your passport until their bill is paid...

Disgusting :bah:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

"The British embassy is involved, wow a first they want him to fly to the main land.  I would have thought his insurance would take care of all this?  Or is it void, did he have insurance?"

The insurance is void because he hired a motorcycle to get to the waterfall.  If he had not hired the motorcycle, he wouldn't have been there.

Got to read the small print!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Laycock1 said:

I remember seeing a film like this, doesn't sound right to me.

Not sure what the film was called.

Maybe "127 Hours" about a rock climber that had to cut his own arm off to free himself from being trapped between rocks.  The arm was clinically dead after 3 days no blood circulation, but he had a dull knife.........hs advice to other rock hounds??  Always carry a sharp knife.

The British Embassy want to help!!! They never help an ordinary British citizens.   just flaming shows you what we are up against...he was taking selfies and fell off the waterfall..his insurance should cover him the same as everyone else. ....

• Like 2

Is this just an amped-up version of a "My Mate Nate" stunt that went wrong?

Either way it looks like Thai health authorities and TAT have missed an enormous amount of valuable positive publicity in the way they've allowed the health and emergency services to react. It's developing into a horror show for would-be tourists who will be mortified by the the way the story has unfolded so far, and the ramifications for their plans.

Would any sensible family group ever consider the risks and hazards they would face by visiting Thiland with his drama in mind? Ha!

7 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

90,000 quid for a knee reconstruction??.....Talk about making a meal out of situation...he's better going to Oz or NZ

Cost me, or more correctly, my private health insurance, under A$30,000 last year for a complete knee replacement in Melbourne.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

No prizes for guessing which hospital is responsible for the extortion on Samui, there's a chain of them all over Thailand & allegedly all the ambulances (they're private), are bribed to bring any farangs straight to them rather than to the gov. hospitals, where they then charge sky high prices and (allegedly)hold on to your passport until their bill is paid...

Please confirm which hospital chain this is for the benefit of those of us not as well informed as you might be. I prefer facts to guessing, with or without prizes.

1 hour ago, zyphodb said:

B.S.? And that is nothing to do with bovine excrement!