Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Man rescued after being trapped for three days in Samui jungle is British TV star

Mad mick    76
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

90,000 quid for a knee reconstruction??.....Talk about making a meal out of situation...he's better going to Oz or NZ

Yes once again Samui

Iived their prior  " story samui international hospital all of them " cobra bit my toe stood on its neck  / head at night long grass water area " fangs only just 

penetrated my big toe right foot i did not feel anything like a mossie bite very little poison was injected head could not sink to much my theory luck bungalow woke up morninig took shower visible puncture wounds 

watched tv a little up and down did not go out my thai neighbours 

concerned did not seen me 2 or 3 days knocked on door " r i ok yeah little up & down showed them talked me into go hospital reluctantly off we went after 3 days had some tests etc, positve snake bite " t

it was on ! we want to keep you in hospital ? why im fine if i was going to die " dead already ? do u have medical cover oh yeah limited a credit cards alarm bells rang maybe u stay 2 or 3 days more test etc  ? Its 3 days later im a live " will cost u approx 100,000 baht a day " Answer obvious my thai friends told thai doctors really its 3 days later he not dead , hospital spoke perfect english " was just atm to milk " 4 years ago "100% he would have have op Aussie have  medicare to cover part of operation privately , if accident u go emegency by

ambulance to a public hospital free "I doubt here he would pay no more than $10,000 aussie dollars as a non residency ? If he's filiming im sure must have teavel insurance or holiday cover insurance

surely " i had amex a few years back bought a ticket automatic travel insurance cover " in bangkok involved in an accident 5 years back was sent to bumagrad hospital "all covered rang hotline amex sent info to hospital then rang clear , small op few days later flew back home business class cost nothing refunded what ever i spent " if in Aussie 100% would not cost no where near €90,000 .  Samui is rip off place for every thing its an island . U pay more " u r farang " easy touch up . Get embassy involved they will change quickly. 

Edited by Mad mick

JayBird    362

With costs like that I'm not sure Thailand can be a medical hub. Much cheaper for people to have surgery in USA or.... Anywhere?

dogpatch55    130
8 hours ago, Upnotover said:

And why pray is the Embassy even interested?

Maybe they are just old east enders fans!!  Talking of the BBC   Chris Evans is the best paid "star" there £2,200,000 - £2,249,999..  Poor old  Steve Wright only gets £500,000 - £549,999

Humpy    12

'' Exploring the jungle on a motorbike ''  solo  !!!   ....what a prat .

Basil B    5,662
7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"with a local hospital demanding 13,000 GBP, approximately 570,000 THB per night", 

Maybe they meant 13,000 THB ,  that's about £300 per night...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

570,000 per night something wrong with the reporting here.

90,000 over 4,000gbp for knee / leg repairs again this seems a little on the high side.

The British embassy is involved, wow a first they want him to fly to the main land.  I would have thought his insurance would take care of all this?  Or is it void, did he have insurance?

Just like an episode of East Enders all doom and gloom dadadadadaddddddaaaaaaa.

“He needs surgery. But it’s going to cost £90,000 for him to have it in Thailand.” - not Baht but the mighty GBP  so way more than 4000 

Edited by AdamTheFarang

BwindiBoy    795
8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Washed up actor rather than 'star'

Well he's currently in a pretty successful new series on UK tv, so I'm not sure where how you concluded that he's washed up.

• Like 2

zyphodb    1,047
2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Please confirm which hospital chain this is for the benefit of those of us not as well informed as you might be. I prefer facts to guessing, with or without prizes.

Not with Thailand's defamation laws...

• Like 1

wvavin    764

Nobody did tell him that he has to wear an amulet????

• Like 1

zyphodb    1,047
2 hours ago, sambum said:

B.S.? And that is nothing to do with bovine excrement!

Not according to two separate people who have told me that it happened to...

650721    15

Welcome to Thailand. But don't <deleted> up or you will be financialy gouged !!

• Like 2