Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Man rescued after being trapped for three days in Samui jungle is British TV star

animatic    4,416
2 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

“He needs surgery. But it’s going to cost £90,000 for him to have it in Thailand.” - not Baht but the mighty GBP  so way more than 4000 

Yes, the money reporting is all wrong. The expensive hospital on Samui, more so that Thai Inter,

would charge $11,000 for a completely shattered jaw rebuild, including peeling the face back,

adding a custom metal brace and wire through bones.

FAR more complex and difficult than a compound fracture broken leg.

Intensive care runs around 28,000 a night and regular rooms around 6-12,000 baht depending on extras.

90,000 baht is about £2,057, but if you were robbed of cards etc recently, that becomes more difficult to front up.

There are some top notch orthopedic surgeons here, but it was a long time from break to setting

and he would likely need infection care first, and getting his strength back first.

The reporting above is clearly off the mark and confused, as so often happens here.

There is no there, there. Wishing Paul a complete recovery.

• Like 1

ben2talk    607
No prizes for guessing which hospital is responsible for the extortion on Samui, there's a chain of them all over Thailand & allegedly all the ambulances (they're private), are bribed to bring any farangs straight to them rather than to the gov. hospitals, where they then charge sky high prices and (allegedly)hold on to your passport until their bill is paid...
 Disgusting :bah:

Maybe they'll get around to it after they finished hanging Nate out to dry - need to get priorities sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

On 07/19/2017 at 11:48 AM, worgeordie said:

"with a local hospital demanding 13,000 GBP, approximately 570,000 THB per night", 

They must have heard he was a Soap star and thinking he must be stinking rich,

charged accordingly..

regards worgeordie

Could not agree more. Bangkok Hospital, Vejthani or similar quality hospitals cost a fraction even being in ER or ICU unit. A full week there would be probably 570k THB.

Amazing!

TheLobster    690
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, perthperson said:

That is an offensive comment. One of my friends is a British Hon Consul in Thailand and has provided assistance to hundreds of Brits many of whom were in trouble as a result of their own stupidity. 

Consular officials are available 24/7/365 but they cannot extricate anyone from police custody as some believe they can. 

Whilst I believe the Hon Consuls do a good job have you ever tried to contact someone at the British Embassy in Bangkok for assistance?

Based on my experience, without going into details, they are useless and completely unhelpful ..... unless you are dead.

Edited by TheLobster
Correction
  • Like 1

sambum    1,270
28 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

Whilst I believe the Hon Consuls do a good job have you ever tried to contact someone at the British Embassy in Bangkok for assistance?

Based on my experience, without going into details, they are useless and completely unhelpful ..... unless you are dead.

Based on my experience, they could not have been more helpful, and I am far from dead!       (I hope!)  Maybe you should have tried the "I am a real person" approach?

• Like 1

CharlieH    12,101

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1

TheLobster    690

I am pleased to hear that people have had good experiences with the British Embassy in Bangkok, maybe they were having a bad day when we needed their assistance.

roo860    2,338
I am pleased to hear that people have had good experiences with the British Embassy in Bangkok, maybe they were having a bad day when we needed their assistance.

I suppose it's down to the nature of the situation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Damrongsak    307

I'm going to be a TV star when I move back to Thailand.  I have an idea for an unreality show.  It'll be called "Fetch me another beer while I ..."  Probably be a mini-series.