Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

UK soap star's four million baht Thai hospital bill - yet more fiction from "The Sun"

Zack61    98
7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The Sun, like the Express or the Mirror were never really interested in facts.

Don't let truth get in the way of a good story. 

wvavin    758

To die is so much cheaper than to seek treatment.

mikosan    235

Whether you like it or not, the proposal to bring in compulsory health insurance for visiting Thailand is maybe not such a bad thing?  For starters it would cover idiots like this one, when they run up large medical bills, be they 90000 or 4000000 THB.

• Like 1

Cats4ever    562

The Sun - owned by the geriatric, serial root rat Rupert. Glad he is American. The paper is a rag, as are several of its stablemates around the globe. In the early 70's in the UK, I would scan it for a laugh, before buying the Guardian.

mdmayes    96
11 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Hopefully he gets back to England okay and gets sorted.

At least his hospital bill has been reduced thanks to 'The Sun'.

The Sun did nothing but report false news.

hansnl    2,478
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Whether you like it or not, the proposal to bring in compulsory health insurance for visiting Thailand is maybe not such a bad thing?  For starters it would cover idiots like this one, when they run up large medical bills, be they 90000 or 4000000 THB.

Well, I guess you are right.

However, insurance is age related, pre existing  problems related, and in general  difficult to obtain when you  are on insurance company's  s**tlist.

Don't forget expats living in Thailand for years, not able to get any insurance, or a greatly reduced insurance, or loosing the insurance reaching 70.

Time to implement the planned state insurance maybe?

A plan that would probably be rather profitable.

Edited by hansnl

losername    102

Quoted from the UK TV situation comedy "Yes, Prime Minister":  "Bernard Woolley: Sun readers don't care *who* runs the country - as long as she's got big tits."  Getting back to the thread, yes, he should have insurance.  Everyone should.

mikosan    235
Posted (edited)

I believe I said 'visiting' Thailand in my comment.  I am perfectly aware that for some of us who live here that it is difficult, even impossible, to get insurance and even those who have, me included, it expires when I am 70.  That is a rather different, but also important, issue, but not one we are discussing at present.

Edited by mikosan

mikosan    235
5 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Don't forget expats living in Thailand for years, not able to get any insurance, or a greatly reduced insurance, or loosing the insurance reaching 70.

Time to implement the planned state insurance maybe?

I believe I said 'visiting' Thailand in my comment.  I am perfectly aware that for some of us who live here that it is difficult, even impossible, to get insurance and even those who have, me included, it expires when I am 70.  That is a rather different, but also important, issue, but not one we are discussing at present.

• Like 1

natway09    978

The Suns reporting is about as accurate as some of the people who report on Thai Visa

chuang    674

A so-called Soap Star...travelling overseas with no insurance probably no money...didn't paid a baht to the hospital...the hospital should seek assurance from UK embassy before treatment...

humqdpf    924
19 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This guy has been a successful (well paid) actor for years but seems to have pi55ed most of it up against the wall. Not to mention his (alleged) expensive drugs habit.

Is there a GoFundMe campaign yet?

And so out of pocket is he that although he could afford the airfare to Thailand and presumably money to pay for food and accommodation, he did not have enough for any form of health insurance or travel insurance.

• Like 1