Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
bibilaurens

Best area to live in Chanthaburi ?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

We are thinking about moving to eastern part. Could you tell me which is the best area to live in Chanthaburi ? We want to rent a house for long term and avoid the traffic jam, the pollution and flooding but not be very far (less than 15km) from the school in downtown.

Every advises will be so much appreciated  !

Thanks

Edited by Rimmer
Font corrected
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Sorry I mean quiet no quite

I saw last day a new nice house for long term rental to 200 meters from the beach in a Quiet place.
The price 10.000thb/month

I'm interested to know more about Chanthaburi too, what about the northern part of Chanthaburi, is there any nice place to stay please ?

Edited by noopin2014
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Sorry I mean quiet no quite

I saw last day a new nice house for long term rental to 200 meters from the beach in a Quiet place.
The price 10.000thb/month

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks Tarteso, how many bedrooms do think about ? I will take a look :)

• Like 1

I'm interested to know more about Chanthaburi too, what about the northern part of Chanthaburi, is there any nice place to stay please ?

North Chantha is pretty nice place, too much nature, natural park, waterfalls, with curious festival flowers.

Wiki talk better than me about north, whatever I prefer the beach.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanthaburi_Province

Thanks Tarteso, how many bedrooms do think about ? I will take a look :)

I think 2 bedrooms. Now I am in Koh Chang but come back next week to Hat chao Lao and send to you number of contact, you'll can contact directly with the owner. It's a really nice house.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I think 2 bedrooms. Now I am in Koh Chang but come back next week to Hat chao Lao and send to you number of contact, you'll can contact directly with the owner. It's a really nice house.

Thanks, i very appreciated your help, have a good trip in KC !

Are you looking Chan province, or the actual city?

We moved here March 2011, at that time we stayed at a resort and spent every day 'on the streets'  in Tha Mai area (halfway between Chan city and Chao Lao, approx 15km each way), searching for houses with to rent signs, asking people at food stalls, shops, even the barber ... paid off, given contact info for an unadvertised house, new/never been rented they were in no hurry, waiting on the right tenants (us!) and rented there for two years. 

Don't think it's any easier now. No real estate rental agencies. On rare occasions one may come up on bahtsold but I think that due to demand, no need to advertise and rely on word of mouth, especially when it comes to stand-alone houses, owners can have a wait-list

A matter of not giving up on the searching, asking/telling people what you're looking for

Good luck

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Are you looking Chan province, or the actual city?

We moved here March 2011, at that time we stayed at a resort and spent every day 'on the streets'  in Tha Mai area (halfway between Chan city and Chao Lao, approx 15km each way), searching for houses with to rent signs, asking people at food stalls, shops, even the barber ... paid off, given contact info for an unadvertised house, new/never been rented they were in no hurry, waiting on the right tenants (us!) and rented there for two years. 

Don't think it's any easier now. No real estate rental agencies. On rare occasions one may come up on bahtsold but I think that due to demand, no need to advertise and rely on word of mouth, especially when it comes to stand-alone houses, owners can have a wait-list

A matter of not giving up on the searching, asking/telling people what you're looking for

Good luck

Hi mate, thanks for your answer, i'm looking for a house in a town or around but not very far because my kids will go to school to downtown. Yes trully i need to take a look there because there isn't any offer on english or thai website. Cheers.

• Like 1

Having been looking at Chan myself. Have the chance of getting a rai about 10 minutes out side the city to build on. What appeals its seems to have BKK only 3 hours Pattaya 1.5 hour and islands beaches and plus Cambodia border a short spin away. But won't be able to see the land till early next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, blowin said:

Having been looking at Chan myself. Have the chance of getting a rai about 10 minutes out side the city to build on. What appeals its seems to have BKK only 3 hours Pattaya 1.5 hour and islands beaches and plus Cambodia border a short spin away. But won't be able to see the land till early next year.

Wrong. BKK 4 hours at least, Pattaya 2 hours at least, but driving in day time you will need 1 hour more for each.