Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
bibilaurens

Best area to live in Chanthaburi ?

11 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

6+ years of photos here, inspiration and motivation perhaps for someone to see what the province has to offer, as oldhippy says, not for everyone but we're very happy here; we moved here 2011 due to my partner's employment, intended it to be for two years but no plans to move again, great family area and have made good friends.

Oldhippy - Khitchakut, nice area, I cycle out fairly near there often - a 50+km loop from home, Tha Mai, around Wat Khao Sukim, and we've visited your National Park and great waterfalls. Great lifestyle area.

At times I have to 'phone a friend' the road  signs often in Thai script only... fantastic cycling region

tumblr_om88d6rBQM1r8w5s5o1_500.jpg  tumblr_om88d6rBQM1r8w5s5o2_500.jpg

Wooow very nice pics in your link!

• Like 2

Chanthaburi without car is like hell.

But if you have nothing else to do in your life, yes, you can wait for public transportation !

Posted (edited)

Hi, very interesting tips, thanks everyone ! Do you know what kind of activities or sports kids can practice at Chanthaburi please ? Any basket ball club, judo, karate, dance, tennis... ?

Edited by webmark

1 minute ago, ghworker2010 said:

We've been to the chanthorn restaurant. You can tell the city has some money when you see the clientele in there. When we were there, the next table had a group of old guys wearing smart / stylish designer shirts. It looked like the siam paragon crowd were having dinner that night. You don't want to rock up looking like you just arrived from pattaya wearing shorts and thongs... 

We have been there too.

Overpriced and posh would be an understatement.

Our personal favourite in the center is the "49 Restaurant" - very Thai, large choice, a step up from streetfood, great place to sit and look around. (behind Robinsons)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, oldhippy said:

We have been there too.

Overpriced and posh would be an understatement.

Our personal favourite in the center is the "49 Restaurant" - very Thai, large choice, a step up from streetfood, great place to sit and look around. (behind Robinsons)

Cheapest in town for the cheapest cheap charlies, yes I agree !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, bbpbbp said:

Cheapest in town for the cheapest cheap charlies, yes I agree !

....and the food is simple but excellent and hygienic....

Great staff too.

Edited by oldhippy
staff
  • Like 2

Some great pictures on here, thanks guys, I love Chanthaburi, been to many of the places featured in the pics and mentioned by others, I need to get my self settled there at some time in the future as her indoors hails from there, the problem is finding decent property to rent, I'll get her to talk to the family (dodgy I know) but we have relatives in and outside the city so they could spread the word. 

• Like 1