Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Amphur2000

Farang Attitudes and Results

Recommended Posts

On 8/8/2017 at 2:47 AM, billd766 said:

 ...I am a little confused about perverts as I have lead a sheltered life.  How do you identify them at first glance? Is there a discreet tattoo that they wear, or perhaps a scarlet letter P engraved on their forehead?

They probably look like the picture of me on my Facebook page.

 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, zzaa09 said:

Some Farang have special powers.....

Hold my beer while I show you a few tricks, sonny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

They probably look like the picture of me on my Facebook page.

 

Hold my beer while I show you a few tricks, sonny.

 

Now that IS a scary picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 3:49 AM, 473geo said:

Sure guys, and kids in remote villages grow up everyday meeting farangs on a regular basis - of course they do silly me

And those farangs that choose not to acknowledge fellow farangs when they meet, they stop and chat with said children.....sure they do......

And there are farangs regularly cycling on every dirt track, and back road in my area, of course there are, I've just been unlucky not to meet them, or maybe they are so afraid of having to speak to another farang they hide in the bushes until I pass :smile:

 

How could I be so naive to think a farmer in the middle of nowhere has not met hundreds of farang passing his way before me, indeed he probably speaks English! :w00t: 

 

 

 

Not sure what it was in my one-liner that seemed to p____ you off. Anyhow, feel free to ignore my posts in the future -- as I ain't about to tippy-toe around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, klikster said:

Not sure what it was in my one-liner that seemed to p____ you off. Anyhow, feel free to ignore my posts in the future -- as I ain't about to tippy-toe around.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, jeab1980 said:

Çurious ?? Was here in 72 1972 that is no looks of disbelief. No not all the time in Bangkok traveled up to E-sarn. And beyond people here like to belive they were among the first Farangs to step foot in Thailand! Reality check there was loads before you.

 

Yep, I did R & R in Bkk, ci. 1964. Lots more before me as well.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Not pissed off :smile: just don't appreciate when other posters can't accept when you tell it the way you have seen it....like their 'reality' is the only 'reality'

 

I enjoy Thailand and there have indeed been many farangs here before me, but not necessarily every place I have travelled, and I can assure you guys I carry experiences many others do not!!  and many they do!!! I don't need to embelish or mislead, or need a reality check. Thank you. You don't need to tippy toe but it would probably be a first on Tvisa even though many have gone before :shock1:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've been here 60 years ago.....

 

:whistling::wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should've been here 60 years ago.....
 
:whistling::wink:

What as? 555


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Should've been here 60 years ago.....

 

:whistling::wink:

 

3 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:


What as? 555


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...as a rich quality tourist (there were no others then).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 473geo said:

30 years ago I experienced similar, however never ever spent time in Pataya or Patong!!  there were of course the backpackers who could not understand why a beautiful Thai girl chose a 40+ year old over them :sad: (even when explained and as obvious as the nose on their face) there were some real characters at that time, and apart from the occasional sinking of a bar or two, no moaning about money or being 'fleeced'. However it was around 70 baht to the GBP in those days so real value for sure. Scandinavian involvement in many of the small bars and guest houses. A man was sure taken good care of.

 

I have just done a quick search on Google as I felt that your forex rate was a bit out of line and I came up with this.

 

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=&MM1=01&YYYY1=1987&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=31&MM2=12&YYYY2=1987&btnOK=Go!

 

I know it was nowhere near that in 1993 when I came.

 

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=1993&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=31&MM2=12&YYYY2=1993&btnOK=Go!

 

You had a better rate than I did 6 years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

 

I have just done a quick search on Google as I felt that your forex rate was a bit out of line and I came up with this.

 

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=&MM1=01&YYYY1=1987&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=31&MM2=12&YYYY2=1987&btnOK=Go!

 

I know it was nowhere near that in 1993 when I came.

 

http://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates.php?A=1&C1=GBP&C2=THB&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=1993&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=31&MM2=12&YYYY2=1993&btnOK=Go!

 

You had a better rate than I did 6 years later.

Indeed maybe it is Bill in those days when I first arrived I had just picked up a generous redundancy package due to my company relocating, and a addition payoff for being part of the relocation team, and some shares I sold and made a good profit. Being honest exchange rate was guesswork on my part and yes looks like a little out, but perhaps you could  also check the price of beer maybe it just felt like 70 baht compared to the current days :partytime2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Indeed maybe it is Bill in those days when I first arrived I had just picked up a generous redundancy package due to my company relocating, and a addition payoff for being part of the relocation team, and some shares I sold and made a good profit. Being honest exchange rate was guesswork on my part and yes looks like a little out, but perhaps you could  also check the price of beer maybe it just felt like 70 baht compared to the current days :partytime2:

 

Beer, food etc was cheap in those days and even at 40 baht you could have a great time. I know I did on my first trip and for the second half of 1997 after the crash life was magic. Sadly, my contract was terminated at the end of November and I ended up working in Sri Lanka. Not quite the same as Thailand though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things that we enjoy most when we visit Europe is the freedom to walk safely in (national) parks. Sometimes my wife wanders off for an hour by herself, never a problem.

Freedom!!!

Can you do that in Thailand?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

One of the things that we enjoy most when we visit Europe is the freedom to walk safely in (national) parks. Sometimes my wife wanders off for an hour by herself, never a problem.

Freedom!!!

Can you do that in Thailand?

 

My Thai wife and son can wander freely in the national parks up here in rural Khampaeng Phet. Quite often they would go off and leave on my own and all of us were quite happy. So, yes we can do that in Thailand.

 

Though I have not been to the UK for quite a while I feel far safer in Thailand than I did on my last visit there.

 

A story from my local paper back in the UK for you.

 

A murder in the woodlands in rural England.

 

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15463988.Pensioner_stabbed_to_death_while_walking_dogs_was____immensely_kind_____say_family/

 

The family of an 83-year-old man who was stabbed to death while walking his two dogs have described him as “a lovely, gentle husband, dad and grandfather”.

Peter Wrighton, from Banham, Norfolk, was repeatedly stabbed in the neck and head on Saturday morning.

No arrests have been made since his body was found by a member of the public in woodland near the Fiveways Junction close to the village of East Harling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 23 y.o. Has been arrested for the murder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 24 October 2017 18:17
Sponsors
×