Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Adbro1

Bar 'lady drink' etiquette?

swoods58    35
I have met some very pleasan, entertaining and quick witted ladies in bars in Chiang Mai. I find your comment insulting and pathetic!

Couldn't agree more. If you have nothing constructive to say, I suggest you say nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

swoods58    35
I have met some very pleasan, entertaining and quick witted ladies in bars in Chiang Mai. I find your comment insulting and pathetic!

Couldn't agree more. Daphnia88, if you have nothing constructive to say, I suggest you say nothing at all.

dfdgfdfdgs    39

I think you need to first question why you are having more fun in these bars, than you would in a normal bar.  And the answer is probably because the girls are pretending that they like you in order to extract more money from you.

I'd go and drink somewhere else.  I don't know about Chiang Mai but if it's the same as BKK it's possible to meet normal girls in normal bars where they won't hassle you for more drinks or try and take advantage.  Obviously will depend on how old you are and if you look after yourself etc.

If you don't want to do that, and I understand the beer bars are easier to meet girls, then forget the buying drinks thing, just ask for the number of any girl you like and meet her later or another day.  If she says no she was only in it for the money.

Playing jenga in beer bars all night gets boring fast, anyway.

• Like 1

csabo    1,281

I was playing jackpot with a girl and said "If you win, I'll buy you a drink.  If I win you buy me one." She said ok and we played a few rounds.  She was doing well and had won 4 drinks before I finally won one.  Instead of paying up quickly she went on for 10 minutes how she "was working there for money for her kids and could not afford to buy me a drink yadayadayada."  She finally ordered my drink and when it arrived I downed it I got up mid -sad song and walked over to the next bar and found a new jackpot partner.  I don't mind paying for some entertainment and company but leave the sad song at home with your bad life choices.

Strangely enough a similar thing happened in NY bar.  A waitress challenged me to game of Knockem Sockem Robots for a drink to the winner.  We played, I won.  I said "I'll have a Jack neat."  Her reply "I don't make a lot of money, that's an expensive drink.'  My reply "I'll have a Jack neat."  

• Like 1

dfdgfdfdgs    39
1 minute ago, csabo said:

We played, I won.  I said "I'll have a Jack neat."  Her reply "I don't make a lot of money, that's an expensive drink.'  My reply "I'll have a Jack neat."  

Did she buy it?

• Like 1

daphnia88    21
1 hour ago, rogeroc said:

well lucky you. Or maybe your standard is not too high. You don't need to be a smart person to be "entertaining". My Mate Nate is entertaining...

• Like 1

Flying Kiwi    20

EASY, they ask you to buy them a drink you say yes OR no simple if you say yes you pay the going rate to buy a lady a drink and have her company at the bar, regards your 3000bt bar tab, buyer beware. OR buy her 1 drink pay for it there and then and that ill tell you what her drink will cost

• Like 1

eddysmit    23
7 hours ago, orang37 said:

You are way out beyond the shallow zone near the beach where etiquette means something more than "nothing left to lose: " you have been ensorcelled by the sirens, washed up on Circe's Island where you are well on your way to virtual swinehood.

And, when your moolah ceases to flow, you will not see the Amazing Smiles.

You are being conned, duped, played for a patsy.

Time to sober up, and grow up.

~o:37;

That's one of the best summing ups I have read, and a good one.

nasanews    162

Your bar bill is 3000B minus 6 Leo(500B)=2500 divided by 120B for each lady drink you end up buying 20 lady drinks a night in one bar!

You need to grow up as mentioned previously, otherwise don't complain on internet forums because feedback will not be good as you would expect it.

• Like 1

MadMuhummad    282
4 hours ago, 212Roger said:

My largest bar bill was 6,420 Baht at Rabbit Bar in Chiang Mai.  Wasn't worth it.  I asked and got a copy of the receipt as a souvenir...  Should I get it framed?

I wish I had this sort of self control haha.