Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Adbro1

Bar 'lady drink' etiquette?

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I don't understand why you would want the girl to buy you a drink.  I've been in that same scenario many times, and if I win a game I say forget about buying me a drink.  

What that girl takes a week to earn, to pay her rent, eat, send to family etc., I probably have more than that in my pocket for one night's boozing.  Why would I want her to spend money on me?

They're providing you with a bit of fun and banter, and you're enjoying their company presumably. So why would you take half of their night's wages from them?

Don't get me wrong, I choose my company carefully and don't just throw money around. But come on...

Yes i always thought that despite what they said that if they win you buy them a drink and if you win you also buy them a drink !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rogeroc said:

I Can you please tell me how prostitutes differ from other women when they are not working. I am intrigued

I certainly can

Bargirls, off duty , sit back and laugh at lonely felangs

Pathetic guys who cannot form relationships in their home Country

Go to Asia and pay third world prostitutes to like them

Normal Thais view prostitutes with contempt

Stupid felangs walking around, holding hands with them

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, elektrified said:

In 31 years of visiting/living in Thailand, I think I've bought three "lady drinks". What a waste of money.

Sorry to hear you have little ability to judge the ladies. It has been some 30 years since I frequented such establishments, and although not every bar drink purchased was worth much, countless lady drinks purchased were well worth the price, usually just for the conversation alone. But perhaps the likes of the Karen Hut bar are long gone.

By the way, I also declined just as often as I bought a drink for someone.  You can always just say "no thanks".

Edited by Johpa
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johpa said:

countless lady drinks purchased were well worth the price, usually just for the conversation alone.

What did these conversations consist off ?

"Hes a playboy and he boom booms my friend "

"Buy me a drink"

"Play pool. I win, you buy me a drink,  I lose I buy you  drink 

Wanna play connect 4 ?

• Haha 1

Would anyone in their home Country , go to a prostitute bar, pay a girl to sit with them , and then say "Shes really nice, I think that she likes me"

She likes me, so I will pay for her and her children and we will all live happily ever after

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Would anyone in their home Country , go to a prostitute bar, pay a girl to sit with them , and then say "Shes really nice, I think that she likes me"

She likes me, so I will pay for her and her children and we will all live happily ever after

I doubt it and i suspect the dynamics are very different but i cannot say as i have never tried. I am actually in Bulgaria at the moment, one of the cheapest countries in Europe with general cost of living, accomodation, food and drink cheaper than Thailand. In a girly bar there though you would be paying 500 baht for your own dring and 1500 baht for her drink and company for 30 mins but guys still pay it.

I do believe that in Thailand a lot of the girls working in bars are genuinely looking for a longer term relationship. I guess that may not be the case in the West!

Edited by rogeroc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

I do believe that in Thailand a lot of the girls working in bars are genuinely looking for a longer term relationship. I guess that may not be the case in the West!

I disagree with that

Every bargirl that I  know .and I know many of them

Has no concerns abort the/any future

"Give me a beer and something to eat" and they condenser them selves to be untouchable

Some Western sucker buys her food and drink for the night , top of the World,

nothing more to worry about

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

What did these conversations consist off ?

"Hes a playboy and he boom booms my friend "

"Buy me a drink"

"Play pool. I win, you buy me a drink,  I lose I buy you  drink 

Wanna play connect 4 ?

Sorry to infer that you have as little ability to judge the ladies as did that first poster I responded to.

Never buy a girl a drink unless you find here interesting in some way. Whether

conversationally or a prospective bar-fine. Also I limit it to one drink telling them

I will also give them a tip at the end (100 baht) the equivalent of commission on

another two lady drinks.  I also tell them if they have a regular customer come in

to leave and go to him. Money is money if I am only out for a little socializing.

On principle I do not buy any drinks for girls who are drink sluts. (Very beautiful

but not bar finable) All that said to each his own. There are many two week

millionaires who splash the cash 10k a night, and others who simply refuse to buy

lady drinks. Spend you money as you see fit.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I very very rarely have had my willy serviced by a bargirl in Thailand!:cheesy:..

But...but I have often taken out 1 or 2 bar girls (that don't dress to bargirlish) to normal dance clubs, and made sure they treated me like James Bond on the dance floor.:tongue:.......... Then, under phase II of this diabolic plan, having 2 girls on my side gave me a blank check to approach the (non working or perhaps off-duty) Thai or farang lady of my choice in the club (female dynamics guys)....as quite a few started to hang around and send the usual seductive looks or eye-catches!!

To remain decent, I'll skip the details on what happened before and after sunrise!!...all for free:post-4641-1156694572: (or perhaps a drink or two at the regular dance club price and obviously the price for initially hiring the other bar girlie-s as wing support) ...and this worked I'd say 7 times in 10!

Tried the same plan either alone or with pals..and  the success ratio was far from above!!...(female dynamics once again, guys!)

Up to you now fellas....give it a try:partytime2:....nothing to do with your looks or cash...mostly a matter of efficient marketing!

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

missed previous Post, my question already answered

Edited by rogeroc