webfact

Faster Thai immigration handling for foreign travellers

Do the machines able to read long term stay entitlement, that is 1 year's stay....

12 minutes ago, masuk said:

The average processing time for Malay Immigration is less than 30 seconds.

I've timed them on a few occasions.

Same with Malaysia's payment system on their motorways, the Touch'n Go system is also perfect, compared to the Toll ways in and around Bangkok, where you have to wait for ages sometimes because they have to collect cash from most vehicles.

Edited by HiSoLowSoNoSo

Here is a novel Idea Try letting Retires and people with Non O visas through the Thai line rather than 

waiting in line with the tourists

That is fair 

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

Next the PCS coupled with an ATM?

What do you mean with PCS?

No logic to their thinking Non O's have already been vetted so why not put them in a priority line like the Thais get 

There is a priority immigration line in between the 2 general immigration lines.  If I remember correctly it's opposite gate D5.

IMG_0010.JPG

Edited by vivid2

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1856-suvarnabhumi-priority-lane-services

This has always been the case in Immigration and has nothing to do with the current scheme with Auto computers

This is something new but doomed to fail if they do not implement it properly

They have something like this in the USA very fast and is also good for Visa holders to pass through as well

But I doubt it will be implemented like the USA because it is too logical 

40 minutes ago, HappyinNE said:

On arriving and approaching the passport check go to the far right hand side.  I just go over there and tell them "Old Mans Check in" and am directed to a line with usually on one in it.  I have one time unfortunately got behind a family that was AFU and it took a bit of time but this is the quick way.

i'm not over 70 so i haven't used this benefit.  however, i used to have access to the 'fast track' lane in the arrivals hall near the C concourse.  and it sounds like you are describing this lane.  i don't think there is one in the arrivals hall near concourse E but it has been a couple years since i used that one.  most importantly, it appears that those over 70 can use the 'premium lane' which is a totally separate arrivals hall.  i think the one near C is hall 1 and the one near E is hall 3.  the premium lane is hall 2 in between the other two.  this might not be any faster than the lane you are using but thought i'd point it out.

8 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

There is a priority immigration line in between the 2 general immigration lines.  If I remember correctly it's opposite gate D4.

IMG_0010.JPG

pregnant man ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buick said:

pregnant man ? 

I'm sure more than few members would appear to fit this particular criterion.

I would think that the businesses at airports are best placed to urge Immigration to speed up procedures for outward journeys. Every extra minute spent in a queue is a minute less in a store or restaurant.

I've not been outside Thailand for the last 9 years.. I can't even do my 90 days online... 

I don't give it much hope.. 

Thai immigration like the hands on approach and mountains of paperwork,

it guarantees employment and a good revenue source.

Automation is a step away from that !

4 hours ago, wvavin said:

Don't need to waste any resources, just ask Singapore how they do it and all travelers are happy because their systems are designed & planned with BRAINS!

I have always said that Singapore has advanced more in 50 years compared to Thailand's 600 years!

Anything to improve the current long queues is welcome.  Immigration is simply unable to cope with the high numbers of visitors from China.

The Immigration staff try to cope, but there's not enough.  Resource planning can't be that hard, as the flights don't arrive at random.  This photo was last week, and at the time 8 booths were unmanned.

597ed87f76241_Airportq.jpg.0f1caf80846100b0af0d16f6e67eb6dc.jpg