Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Old NGV canister takes off like a torpedo and ploughs into neighbor's living room

Old NGV canister takes off like a torpedo and ploughs into neighbor's living room

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzYwNS8zMDI3Mzk0L2NkZm5naC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Muang Rayong police were called to the scene of a bizarre accident yesterday after an old NGV canister shot off like a torpedo into a neighbor's living room.

The canister had been bought by second hand goods trader Chatree, 45, who lives 100 meters away.

He paid 400 baht for the 1.2meter long canister as scrap metal on Wednesday. It weighed 70 kilograms.

Yesterday he bashed the top of it in his yard and he said it started spewing gas and launched into the air.

It smashed through his own house causing masonry and wood to tumble on his aging gran Mrs Pan, 87, who suffered cuts to her right eyebrow.

The canister had shot off like a torpedo and then smashed through the wall of a house belonging to Mrs Khreuawan, 59, a neighbor.

It made a hole 80 by 60 centimeters in a 15 centimeters thick wall. A sofa was hurled away by the impact.

No one else was hurt as the canister came to rest in the house.

Mrs Khreuawan decided not to press charges as Chatree said he would pay for everything.

Chatree said that the old canister had been lying out in the sun.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-05

Bashed the top of it...

His neighbours are lucky he did not rain down in pieces while demolishing properties around.

• Like 1

What exactly in "NGV"  ?

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The Thai army is now interested.

Oh Crapppp, it was a UFO

• Sad 1

I see that the submarines to come are already fully equipped with super  guided missiles....excelĺent start.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I deal with construction failures more often than I should have too. There appears to be re-bar going horizontally across the top of the bricks in RH corner which would indicate concrete wall being cast on top on a brick wall.With no ties between concrete so it 2 walls on top of each other with no bond except dry cement. Save it and zoom in and it's clear

• Haha 1

I have been coming to Thailand for 10 years before moving here.  I have never seen a gas cylinder with a cap.  Those are dangerous.  Imagine a baloon that you blow up and let go.  Weot only manditory to keep the cap on when not in use but it is ll if it is a gas cylinder it will look the same except lots of damage.  In the US it is religious followed by everyone I have worked with.  Yes I have years of construction experience.