Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Leo999

Lets start a metal band in Bangkok

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Roll the dice and hope the odds are in your favour.

 

Good luck.

 

 

actually, several times the head of our provincial immigration office asks me to sing a bit when i come in for my 90-day report, he usually requests either a few bars of "Hotel California" or "Sang Kha Ou"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Exactly like you said. Only Sexpats & sex tourists are welcome on these pages because everytime someone starts a topic about a hobby that they want to pursue and that maybe others want to join, a  holier-than-thou poster riding on their high horse comes out with "do you have a work permit?"  stupidity.

Whatever... if it makes you feel smug, then just keep on worrying about whether other people you don't know are obeying the law......

it must be a boring life.

 

well said!!! see my answer to another comment, just above this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

actually, several times the head of our provincial immigration office asks me to sing a bit when i come in for my 90-day report, he usually requests either a few bars of "Hotel California" or "Sang Kha Ou"

cause thats exactly the same a band doing a gig in public............ bwahaahahahahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Here2008 said:

I hope you have an appropriate visa and work permit .... If not please do not encourage others to join you. The penalties for working illegally can be draconian including fines, jail time and deportation/banning.

 

actually, there is an amnesty until Jan 1

that notwithstanding, often in the case of music, often they look the other way, consider it "jamming" and not actually working, especially if they don't see money changing hands...

also can vary according to who, what, when, where, and how...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

cause thats exactly the same a band doing a gig in public............ bwahaahahahahahahahaha

he requests that i sing for him because he KNOWs that i DO perform in public, often

(was just asked to sit in with a band playing a club last night while out w/some visiting friends)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Exactly like you said. Only Sexpats & sex tourists are welcome on these pages because everytime someone starts a topic about a hobby that they want to pursue and that maybe others want to join, a  holier-than-thou poster riding on their high horse comes out with "do you have a work permit?"  stupidity.

Whatever... if it makes you feel smug, then just keep on worrying about whether other people you don't know are obeying the law......

it must be a boring life.

 

How delusional are you ?

 

Nobody is saying the OP cannot have a hobby, infact most Expats living would have them.

 

Forming a band and performing in public has potential legal repercussions (work permit) if the paperwork is not in order, Bands have been done over in the past and bands will also in the future.

 

Nobody here is slagging the OP for what  he wants to do rather than saying he should get all his paperwork sorted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

actually, there is an amnesty until Jan 1

Only in your dreams !  This "amnesty" only applies to migrant workers from neighbouring countries NOT itinerant Western 'musicians! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Here2008 said:

Only in your dreams !  This "amnesty" only applies to migrant workers from neighbouring countries NOT itinerant Western 'musicians! 

Applies to "MyMateNate" and he is a seppo !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Applies to "MyMateNate" and he is a seppo !!

A distinctly unlikeable support my old Scandinavian chum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't let the morons rain on your parade. Good luck and I hope to see you playing some time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Thainess said:

On second thoughts, let's not bother. Terrible music!

Only the boring old crap by spotting oiks in denim, kawai metal is great

 

Edited by Orton Rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules are pretty clear. If you were being paid to perform you need a wp. If you play for free for fun then you don't. Personally i would play for free occasional and just jam with some buddies in private most of the time. Then you are at less risk of being stitched up.

 

Its akin to diy or doing any work on your house. If someone is paying you to do it then its working. 

 

If you have any problems, get a good Thai lawyer to sort it out. Playing for free aint work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

Playing for free aint work

Except that playing for free perhaps condemns Thai musicians to not receiving an engagement/income ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

Rules are pretty clear. If you were being paid to perform you need a wp. If you play for free for fun then you don't

 

Rules are pretty clear. If you were being paid to perform you need a wp. If you play for free for fun then you don't  also need a wp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 13 December 2017 21:40
Sponsors
×