Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Brexit negotiations have not begun well for UK, says former top diplomat

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/researchAndExpertise/units/growthCommission/documents/pdf/lseGCrep-Chap1.pdf

 

read up a bit!

 

"The UK has failed to create an enabling environment in a number of important areas for growth.
The result is a costly cocktail of political procrastination, institutional churn and poor decision-making.” 

 

Correct!

 

Where is our tech sector? Digital electronics? Semiconductors?

 

Lets blame the EU (or anybody actually)

Nothing like a few facts to halt the overflow of nonsense! ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Caps said:

either that or people cant be bothered with you?:wink:

Fair enough, bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Grouse said:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/researchAndExpertise/units/growthCommission/documents/pdf/lseGCrep-Chap1.pdf

 

read up a bit!

 

"The UK has failed to create an enabling environment in a number of important areas for growth.
The result is a costly cocktail of political procrastination, institutional churn and poor decision-making.” 

 

Correct!

 

Where is our tech sector? Digital electronics? Semiconductors?

 

Lets blame the EU (or anybody actually)

Whats that got to do with Brexit? Only Remoaners like to blame Brexiteers for blaming the UKs woes on the EU. Brexiteers want independence so THERE IS KNOWONE TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES.  Passing the butt is a symptom of a socialists society. The one we are in, until we get out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 0:25 PM, Grouse said:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/researchAndExpertise/units/growthCommission/documents/pdf/lseGCrep-Chap1.pdf

 

read up a bit!

 

"The UK has failed to create an enabling environment in a number of important areas for growth.
The result is a costly cocktail of political procrastination, institutional churn and poor decision-making.” 

 

Correct!

 

Where is our tech sector? Digital electronics? Semiconductors?

 

Lets blame the EU (or anybody actually)

And by the way. The funding of this University, like so many others now is somewhat opaque, but some quick research clearly illustrates that its mostly funded by the very same elite who have a vested interest in us being in the EU. Funny how so many of these Unviersities churn out the scholarly biased, "experts" opinions. In the words of George Carlin. "It's a great big club, and you ain't in it!!!!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rufanuf said:

And by the way. The funding of this University, like so many others now is somewhat opaque, but some quick research clearly illustrates that its mostly funded by the very same elite who have a vested interest in us being in the EU. Funny how so many of these Unviersities churn out the scholarly biased, "experts" opinions. In the words of George Carlin. "It's a great big club, and you ain't in it!!!!"

 

I've no idea about LSE funding for its various projects, but did laugh in agreement with a few of Carlin's points which are as relevant in the UK as they are in the US  :laugh:.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've no idea about LSE funding for its various projects, but did laugh in agreement with a few of Carlin's points which are as relevant in the UK as they are in the US  :laugh:.

Sadly its a global phenomonon. Politics and the education system has been polluted by money. The Elite simply assume that whats good for them is good for the masses. Sadly nothing could be further from the truth.

Edited by rufanuf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rufanuf said:

Sadly its a global phenomonon. Politics and the education system has been polluted by money. The Elite simply assume that whats good for them is good for the masses. Sadly nothing could be further from the truth.

The point of Carlin's humour (from what I  could make out from this one clip), is that the elite know v well that what is good for them - is not good for the masses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

The point of Carlin's humour (from what I  could make out from this one clip), is that the elite know v well that what is good for them - is not good for the masses.

Hes even more of a cynic than me :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rufanuf said:

Whats that got to do with Brexit? Only Remoaners like to blame Brexiteers for blaming the UKs woes on the EU. Brexiteers want independence so THERE IS KNOWONE TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES.  Passing the butt is a symptom of a socialists society. The one we are in, until we get out!

You misunderstand. There is a majority of dissatisfied underachievers in the U.K. 

 

It's not the EU's fault, we should  look closer to home for answers. Why is there so much American style short termism? Why is there such local underinvestment? Why do we not have a highly educated tech workforce? Why is there so much inequality?

 

Correct to want change; wrong target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rufanuf said:

And by the way. The funding of this University, like so many others now is somewhat opaque, but some quick research clearly illustrates that its mostly funded by the very same elite who have a vested interest in us being in the EU. Funny how so many of these Unviersities churn out the scholarly biased, "experts" opinions. In the words of George Carlin. "It's a great big club, and you ain't in it!!!!"

 

What's wrong with that? I think philanthropy is a great thing!

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_School_of_Economics

 

I was not born with a silver spoon but I can tell you, education is key to a fulfilling and successful life.

 

I studied damned hard for what I have. The EU has been a positive influence for my family. I hope others get to benefit too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lungbing said:

Did we not have universities before the EU then?

Well, fair point but off target

 

The answer is yes and I benefited with many others.

 

But that is academe. What's that to do with a high tech trained workforce? You are way off target.

 

What about the other points?

 

In my time there was still a tech sector? Oak trees from Acorn? I don't think so...

 

Why is the appropriate question ?

Edited by Grouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 13 December 2017 14:16
Sponsors
×