Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

In wake of tour bus crash, Phuket Governor orders safety overhaul on Patong Hill

After thousands of accidents by busses on both sides of this hill what makes this one

so special to tie the Governors panties in a knot and order a complete overhaul in safety

on Patong Hill. :coffee1:

thinking out of the box,

are many of these accidents  "arranged",  so when they bring up the vote to go ahead with the "Patong Tunnel"

it will pass?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Traffic issues are far too difficult for Thai administrations to solve..it needs people with functioning brains and IQ above 70.

I would doubt there is much evidence where traffic solutions by these people, have seen positive improvement..and not just Phuket, but nationwide.

i really don't think it is appropriate to speak so pejoratively of Thai people...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ulic said:

After thousands of accidents by busses on both sides of this hill what makes this one

so special to tie the Governors panties in a knot and order a complete overhaul in safety

on Patong Hill. :coffee1:

actually, almost ALL of the accidents are in the one spot in Patong near the temple at the bottom of the steepest hill, the Phuket town side is not nearly so steep...

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

thinking out of the box,

are many of these accidents  "arranged",  so when they bring up the vote to go ahead with the "Patong Tunnel"

it will pass?

Anyone who  thinks the tunnel will  ever be built is smoking some serious weed.

2 hours ago, jenifer d said:

actually, almost ALL of the accidents are in the one spot in Patong near the temple at the bottom of the steepest hill, the Phuket town side is not nearly so steep...

WRONG- there are problems both sides of the hill- this one was half way down the Patong side

. They are not 'accidents' either- 99% are preventable with decent driving skills.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Did you not see the bus in the ditch just outside Kalim last week? No matter which route these muppets can't drive worth toffee.

I followed a 'China Bus' from Kamala to Bang Tao this morning. Belching smoke, struggling to climb hills and swaying dangerously as the shocks were obviously kaput. All it does is shift the focus but not address the underlying problem of poor driving 'skills'.

It's not just driving skills, but (as you point out) maintenance.

Nothing is checked here.

Lack of driving competence, vehicle maintenance and application of road safety rules (there all in one line)

Note: I have never felt unsafe because of this hill - only the lunatics flying up/down and over it and in the rain it is quite an eye-opener as these loons do not make any account for road conditions either... 

PLTPO  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

looks like, after recent crashes on Patong hill, now buses must use Cherngtalay-Thalang-Monument-Bypass route.. and it's already a traffic nightmare, i was getting "stuck" behind 3-5 buses all day today. And it's bottom of the low season. Wonder what's gonna happen during high season.

9 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Maybe fix the sign and add Chinese text:

sp2.jpg.2804d201aa589f2e39d22d22d97a74b9.jpg

I took my visiting son and family up to big Buddha today. My son laughed as every sign said USE LOE GEAR ....  he had to photo it to show his bus driver mates back home.