Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Rabies outbreak in downtown Hua Hin - authorities cordon off area

Elkski    274

Wiki said only 6 people lived after symptoms appeared and they lived after using the Milwaukee  protocol treatment. Basically a month induced coma.  

I guess this got deleted the first time since I didn't include the link.    Or I also tossed in a question about if earth and man had a creator would he create rabies.   

Read the hydrophobia section.   Increased saliva production and inability to drink or swallow helps spread the virus.  It's like some mad scientist invented this in his lab. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies

Foozool    142

soy dogs are more than people who live at the same soy.

What do you expect ❓most of those dogs are suffering skin diseases and other health problems. But government has no control on the population. 

Less dogs , more care.

Elkski    274

I'm wondering,SOI dogs, rabies, bombs, heads kicked in, long lines at the airport, air pollution, trash, undrinkable water, sewer in the ocean, #2 in road deaths, gold ripped off your neck, murders in prison, Skywalker fails,  why do we visit LOS?

NickJ    3,570

My vet in Rayong tells me that it's also a problem with the family pet. Dog lays around all day. Never goes off the property. Never around other dogs. But dog gets bit by a rat. 

This happened with a golden retriever. The dog wasn't vaccinated or hadn't got the yearly shots. Bit all five members of the family. They all got rabies. 

Elkski    274

So I decree all SOI dogs need to get off the pavement and Chase rats or they will be replaced with rat terrier's

geriatrickid    13,955
On 8/8/2017 at 3:46 AM, natway09 said:

A controlled culling is called for. Some of the temple & Soi dogs are a danger to society in general & must be controlled

It will never happen here as religious teachings are more important than public health (unfortunately).

I do not consider myself an " ignorant jerk" & have been involved in the front line of deer culling in the past.

Did you know that Temple dogs are more likely to be vaccinated than other dogs?

A deer "cull" has no similarity to that of  domestic dog  killing. The deer population is thinned because man has killed the natural predators of the  deer. The  proven effective means of controlling soi dog populations is to spay and neuter.

geriatrickid    13,955
On 8/8/2017 at 8:20 AM, Orton Rd said:

Not so easy as idiot do gooders stick collars on strays so they will not be carted off, there is only one cure for 4 million strays and that's killing them and burning the bodies. Offering a bounty of a few baht for every soi dog corpse brought in would soon get over any Buddhist morals. 

Let's start with the disease carriers who present a far greater health risk to the population at large. If we identify the carriers of bacteria resistant infections, especially the disgusting STIs and TB, we can save  thousands of lives every year and   hundreds of millions of baht. To this I would add carriers of Hepatitis, HIV, and some of the deadly fungus strains. If we rounded up all these carriers, they would number in the thousands and your crematorium would be working 24/7, 365 days a year.  There would  be no dogs  in that group since dogs  don't carry and transmit these diseases to humans.  Perhaps we can have compulsory screening of all people. I am sure we could identify 1 million+ in the first year.

korkenzieher    108

I told my landlady that I would sort out our Soi dog problem,, but she refuses to pay for the bullets....

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

chocdee120    6
On 09/08/2017 at 2:21 AM, Mooner said:

Been ripped off. How would a average Thai afford to pay 19000? 

Google quotes around 400 baht.

How much does rabies vaccine cost?

Rabies vaccine and immunoglobulin is very expensive. A typical vaccination series with the rabies immunoglobulin can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $7,000+ per person. 

Elkski    274
10 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Let's start with the disease carriers who present a far greater health risk to the population at large. If we identify the carriers of bacteria resistant infections, especially the disgusting STIs and TB, we can save  thousands of lives every year and   hundreds of millions of baht. To this I would add carriers of Hepatitis, HIV, and some of the deadly fungus strains. If we rounded up all these carriers, they would number in the thousands and your crematorium would be working 24/7, 365 days a year.  There would  be no dogs  in that group since dogs  don't carry and transmit these diseases to humans.  Perhaps we can have compulsory screening of all people. I am sure we could identify 1 million+ in the first year.

Bacteria?, Deadly Fungus?  I didn't see this on THAT website it brochures.  I'm not sure I want to know the details as I'm a admitted germaphobe

meatboy    3,665

3pm.yesterday,breaking news ANOTHER OUTBREAK OF RABIES involving cattle that had been bitten by a dog, IN TRAT.

steven100    5,557

Why can't people face the facts ..... this problem is out of control in every Thai Village.

The safest, quickest and most effective way is to eradicate every soi dog.

Only then can the kids and elderly walk safely in their own streets.

steven100    5,557
2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Time for a dog cull in Hua Hin and area...  Yes?

Geezer

not just Hua Hin, but Thailand.