Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
12DrinkMore

If Brits were 3% less stupid there would be no Brexit.

A1Str8    1,892

Brits have nothing to do with it. A small group of people decide such things not the nation, lol. 

As a president once put it, if voting could change anything, it would be illegal. 

Politics is a trillion dollar business, did you really think that they will let everyone and their mommy have a say in such matters? 

trd    636
Strange that, because it would seem the people who are apparently more intelligent don't understand the word democracy

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
Even more intelligent people would realise that the point you raise about democratic principles is completely different and unrelated to the issue discussed in the OP.

Bastos60    144
59 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

Strange that, because it would seem the people who are apparently more intelligent don't understand the word democracy

What is democracy if the people base their vote on the uneducated assumptions from populist politicians.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

zzaa09    323
3 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Most of the world's population understand what democracy might be, as it's not really practiced anywhere - even among those highly civilised cultures that have been conditioned to believe that they are [democratic].

• Like 1

metisdead    4,260

As this is related to the UK, it does not belong in the General forum, moving to the Home Country Forum. 

impulse    11,504
3 hours ago, sanemax said:

It could work like this.

Those in Northern towns in working class jobs feel the brunt of freedom of movement as suppressed job opportunities and wages, therefore they vote Leave.  A greater percentage of those affected have no tertiary education.

In that case the effect in NOT a CAUSATIVE one but a simple ASSOCIATION......

If they had more education, they would probably have jobs that weren't threatened by low wage immigrants.  Making it a causal relationship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oldhippy    1,015
8 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Brits have nothing to do with it. A small group of people decide such things not the nation, lol. 

As a president once put it, if voting could change anything, it would be illegal. 

Politics is a trillion dollar business, did you really think that they will let everyone and their mommy have a say in such matters? 

post-138970-0-47717000-1466076823_thumb.jpg

oldhippy    1,015
10 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well ,i had a public school education ,then Grammar school ,got my GCE,s had a very good job ,made quite a bit of money ,and voted Brexit , God i must be one of the thicko's .

should have been imtelimgent and voted rumain .

So, on the same grounds, you are in favour of Scottish secession?

And why should the Shetlands stay with Scotland?

gummy    217
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well ,i had a public school education ,then Grammar school ,got my GCE,s had a very good job ,made quite a bit of money ,and voted Brexit , God i must be one of the thicko's .

should have been imtelimgent and voted rumain .

Well even more reason for doing away with Public and Grammar schools by the example of your post.  They do not even teach you how to spell correctly, the correct use of capitalisation,  nor being grammatically correct. So perhaps the UK,  now having such poor standards of education, may be another reason for the Brexit "yes" vote ?

Edited by gummy
  • Haha 1