Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
bberrythailand

Good quality grilled chicken, where to eat it or take away? What is a good quality chicken ?

bberrythailand    117

Hello,

I am not expert but wonder where someone who likes to eat good food would buy a grilled chicken, or at which restaurant he would go ?

When I see chicken in Thailand they always look greasy and not healthy, so I guess that they all come from farms where they haven't seen a ray of sun since they are born until they are killed ?

Do naturally fed chicken exist in Thailand ? The kind that is not eating more medicine than grain ?

Please help me find the best quality chicken in Bangkok or Pattaya.

Thank you.

Ulysses G.    25,567

Grilled chicken in Thailand is just as good as in the USA and a lot cheaper. I like that you can just buy the portion that you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andyfez    188

I buy from the '5 star chicken' kiosks in some shopping centres and larger petrol stations.

I love the rolled chicken breast.

• Like 1

shady86    333

I recommend Nittiya kaiyang, they use home grown chickens with less fat. Taste good too.

• Like 1

joebrown    1,376
1 hour ago, Andyfez said:

I buy from the '5 star chicken' kiosks in some shopping centres and larger petrol stations.

I love the rolled chicken breast.

I think 5 Star is the best for size, taste and value. I always buy 1/2 a chicken for 64bht and the seller cuts it into 2 x 1/4, which is plenty for 2 good servings. The garlic & black pepper flavour is delicious IMHO.

tonray    5,257

Grilled Flattened Whole Chicken Breast on a Stick Outside Saphan Taksin BTS: 90 Baht

Very good.

Same deal restaurant next to Mall Thaphra: 90 baht...also great with other itens

Whole Roasted Chicken: Suttishan-Winichai road in front of 7-11: 120 baht

bberrythailand    117
4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Grilled chicken in Thailand is just as good as in the USA and a lot cheaper. I like that you can just buy the portion that you want.

Sorry but USA is not a reference about any kind of food ! ... oh sorry, yes, maybe about hamburgers :-)

I guess that in USA chicken never see the sun also, but it seems that you don't know :-)

• Like 1

bberrythailand    117

You all come from USA right ? How can you even imagine that she shiitee that you call chicken and that is sold everywhere around Thailand is good ? I am not sure that my dogs would it eat...

So I understand that we are among good food experts here :-)

If somebody knows what is a real good chicken, please keep posting !

• Confused 1