Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Al Gore says 'ethical reasons' could end Trump presidency early

Recommended Posts

joeyg    1,063
4 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

I guess I'm not to have an opinion.:offtopic:

No indeed you should.  Like the old saying goes "Opinions are like AHs.  Everyones got one."  No need to get angry... :intheclub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joeyg    1,063
1 minute ago, tonray said:

I despise Trump but the last thing we need are phonies like Gore and Hilary spouting off on morality. Gimme a break !

I'm in a unique position. In the early 80s my family did several floors on Trump Towers. I took the opportunity to meet with him. And then had a chance to spend a little time with him at a couple of parties. Initial/gut impressions are important to me.  My first impression was that he was a regular guy and a straight shooter. No one had anything bad to say about him really. Even though there was a lot of crazy press going on at the time about his split up with Ivanka.

 

I was raised in Jersey and lived in New York City on and off over the years. He just seem like a regular guy to me.  The guys on the jobs all liked him. And it appeared as though he treated everyone as an equal. Just saying...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mtls2005    3,203

Even though there was a lot of crazy press going on at the time about his split up with Ivanka.

 

Ivanka is his daughter.

 

Ivana Trump was his first wife.

 

I'm sure he was a normal guy in the 80's, unfortunately it's 2017.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonray    4,554
3 minutes ago, joeyg said:

I'm in a unique position. In the early 80s my family did several floors on Trump Towers. I took the opportunity to meet with him. And then had a chance to spend a little time with him at a couple of parties. Initial/gut impressions are important to me.  My first impression was that he was a regular guy and a straight shooter. No one had anything bad to say about him really. Even though there was a lot of crazy press going on at the time about his split up with Ivanka.

 

I was raised in Jersey and lived in New York City on and off over the years. He just seem like a regular guy to me.  The guys on the jobs all liked him. And it appeared as though he treated everyone as an equal. Just saying...

I grew up in Jersey also...and I have met some of the guys he stiffed  and strong armed after they did thousands of dollars in work for him. They have a bit of a different opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joeyg    1,063
2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Even though there was a lot of crazy press going on at the time about his split up with Ivanka.

 

Ivanka is his daughter.

 

Ivana Trump was his first wife.

 

I'm sure he was a normal guy in the 80's, unfortunately it's 2017.

Ivana thanks for the correction.  I get beautiful women mixed up sometime.  Anyway I'm glad to see him in there and I hope he prevails the thought of Hillary/Obama being in there sends a chill up and down my spine. Personally and professionally I like him. Now having said that there are a lot of things He has said and done that I don't like. Nobody's perfect though. And I definitely would never sign up for that job. The USA has been run into the ground and is ready to implode. It's frightening to think that they will take most of the rest of the world with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joeyg    1,063
2 minutes ago, tonray said:

I grew up in Jersey also...and I have met some of the guys he stiffed  and strong armed after they did thousands of dollars in work for him. They have a bit of a different opinion.

Yeah I know a lot about his alleged "stiffing" contractors. Like I said my family did contracting for him over a four-year period, no complaints only nice bonuses and parties too. Without knowing all the specific details of the cases I can't comment on them. If the contractors had a legitimate claim they would have prevailed in court. One would think...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonray    4,554
1 minute ago, joeyg said:

Yeah I know a lot about his alleged "stiffing" contractors. Like I said my family did contracting for him over a four-year period, no complaints only nice bonuses and parties too. Without knowing all the specific details of the cases I can't comment on them. If the contractors had a legitimate claim they would have prevailed in court. One would think...

Forgetting about his past behaviors, what is your opinion of his performance now, which is the only thing that's important ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mtls2005    3,203

The USA has been run into the ground and is ready to implode. 

 

But, but this runs counter to what the President is telling us: in just six months he's turned everything around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonray    4,554
Just now, joeyg said:

Pretty disappointed. 

OK..fair enough answer Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joeyg    1,063
3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The USA has been run into the ground and is ready to implode. 

 

But, but this runs counter to what the President is telling us: in just six months he's turned everything around.

like I said.  He's far from perfect. And you couldn't pay me any amount of money to take that job right now. I admire that he walked away from a very nice life and painted a bull's-eye on his back. Again there's a lot of things he says and does that I don't Like but he was handed a disaster personally I believe it's hard to restore to a reasonable state of existence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joeyg    1,063
1 minute ago, tonray said:

OK..fair enough answer Thanks

There are many different points of contention. But my hot button is that he told Hillary during the debates that, "when I become president you'll be going to jail." If that doesn't happen I've lost all faith in any of them. And as we all know it won't happen...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tonray    4,554
9 minutes ago, joeyg said:

like I said.  He's far from perfect. And you couldn't pay me any amount of money to take that job right now. I admire that he walked away from a very nice life and painted a bull's-eye on his back. Again there's a lot of things he says and does that I don't Like but he was handed a disaster personally I believe it's hard to restore to a reasonable state of existence.

Handed a disaster ?

 

I'll agree that foreign policy was a mess, but corporate profits at an all time high, rising employment, housing stable, etc etc. where was the disaster ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 18 August 2017 16:02
Sponsors
×