Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Exclusive - U.S. envoys told to be coy on re-engaging in Paris climate deal: cable

KunMatt    2,941
"To make money you need to use and burn carbon so it's a false economy"
False, already solar power is cheaper than coal in many parts of the world.  And it is beginning to compete with methane. And this has happened much faster than predicted.  And this is without considering the cost of carbon based fuel's externalities.

Completely missed my point as usual. I'm pretty sure you're doing that deliberately.

So when you pay for carbon offsetting does that money not have a carbon footprint of how you earned it? Didn't you have to work, travel, eat and create waste while you were earning that money? And then you use it to pay for carbon offsetting, does that make any logical sense?

How about the rest of my post? How do you intend to deal with 11 billion people all polluting and creating carbon on the planet? More special light bulbs and bags for life for everyone?

ilostmypassword    6,273
1 minute ago, KunMatt said:

Completely missed my point as usual. I'm pretty sure you're doing that deliberately.

So when you pay for carbon offsetting does that money not have a carbon footprint of how you earned it? Didn't you have to work, travel, eat and create waste while you were earning that money? And then you use it to pay for carbon offsetting, does that make any logical sense?

How about the rest of my post? How do you intend to deal with 11 billion people all polluting and creating carbon on the planet? More special light bulbs and bags for life for everyone?

More deflection.

KunMatt    2,941
More deflection.

Why butt in when I post a reply to another member if you don't want to have a proper discussion?

Again, this is why I know you are on the wrong side of the argument. You pick and twist what you want to answer and then you just attack me for asking questions.

And you had the nerve to say I was disingenuous!

If you don't want to be a part of the discussing then just don't bother with your childish conspiracy theory tactics. If you want to have a discussion about this then act like it.

• Like 1