Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Marijuana use holds three-fold blood pressure death risk: study

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

We all differ, I smoked ganja most weeks for approx 25 years on average 2/3 sessions a week, after work etc. For a number of reasons I found dope very pleasurable.

Me too, maybe even more.  This is just more fake news as Trump would put it.

I cannot help noticing how these so called medical experts NEVER mention alcohol which in my opinion is 10 times deadlier.  Though I also drink as well.  Anyone who has ever studied statistics knows just how rubbery these figures always are.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For comparison, let's see a report of risk-assessment of the following.....

>>>>  ingesting sugar-laden products

>>>>  trans-fats

>>>>  alcoholic drinks

>>>>  living a city with a lot of traffic

>>>>  residing next to a plastics factory

>>>>  residing in a house with no proper venting for plumbing.

>>>>  sleeping in a bed with dust mites. Very few beds/pillows/bedding are mite-free. Some have up to 200,000/per sq.inch.

an article about mites in bedding;  nytimes.com/2011/03/05/health/05patient.html

Edited by boomerangutang

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Sounds like the big pharma fight back to me, from the university of Georgia, home of the redkneck.

Georgia State (not the same as University of Georgia, Athens) is in downtown Atlanta. Hardly redneck. It's a RESEARCH oriented university. 

Diversity

Georgia State University is the most ethnically diverse college in Georgia and one of the most ethnically diverse in the country. Georgia State has been recognized for being one of the top producers of degrees awarded to African-Americans, Hispanics, and Asians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_State_University

Edited by Jingthing

I'm really surprised cannabis is associated with high blood pressure. Definitely deserves more research. The only bad thing I've know about it is it causing paranoia and also some developmental issues if used in excess for long periods by youth. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

For comparison, let's see a report of risk-assessment of the following.....

>>>>  ingesting sugar-laden products

>>>>  trans-fats

>>>>  alcoholic drinks

>>>>  living a city with a lot of traffic

>>>>  residing next to a plastics factory

>>>>  residing in a house with no proper venting for plumbing.

>>>>  sleeping in a bed with dust mites. Very few beds/pillows/bedding are mite-free. Some have up to 200,000/per sq.inch.

an article about mites in bedding;  nytimes.com/2011/03/05/health/05patient.html

Too much of anything is likely not good for your health. Everything in moderation, including pot is not going to kill your health. You can be killed in an accident anytime. Just crossing the street here in Thailand is dangerous not to even mention motorbikes. I'm comfortable to eat, drink or smoke whatever I like.

• Like 1

I think it  could be a biased report. The Hypertension comes in because people that use it are worried about prosecution?

I used it daily for years and gave up about 20 years ago. Best thing I ever did - it makes you lazy , indolent and passive and prone to having 'lost years' in which f'all happens. Am pretty much anti it now.

My casual use showed no signs as this report reports & methinks that there is an outside beneficiary pushing some strings on the use of pot to help their continued  business affairs

4 hours ago, Golgota said:

Funny thing : this study contradicts one which say regular users are less enclined to hypertension and stress during stress situation

That older study is very true and supported by lots of others. Pot use lowers blood pressure (re studies of THC and glaucoma) 

• Like 1

Just now, trihent said:

That older study is very true and supported by lots of others. Pot use lowers blood pressure (re studies of THC and glaucoma) 

That's eye pressure. It's not the same thing as blood pressure. I have an open mind about all of this. I'm feeling that if this same study concluded pot causes strong erections, people would be saying, cool! But it's something negative so it's got to be a conspiracy theory. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's eye pressure. It's not the same thing as blood pressure. I have an open mind about all of this. I'm feeling that if this same study concluded pot causes strong erections, people would be saying, cool! But it's something negative so it's got to be a conspiracy theory. 

Its eye pressure sure. But over all blood pressure is an important factor. I can look up the study-s if you e me