Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Marijuana use holds three-fold blood pressure death risk: study

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Like anything that is classed as a drug, it will have widely varying side affects.   I always enjoy listening to the side affects for drugs -- even life saving drugs -- on television in the US.   Such things as "Side affects may include, constipation, diarrhea, high blood pressure, low blood pressure.....etc., etc., "

Studies such as this will have to be replicated in a much more controlled setting, or with more uniform controls.   Many of them are observational type studies, based on reporting by the person.   And those may not be accurate.

Like a friend of mine, who is a policeman once said, he feels so sorry for all those people he picks up fro drinking who managed to spent 6 or 7 hours in a bar and get really, really drunk, but only had one beer!"  

Had a friend that never was able to finish 1 bottle, he was on the floor.

rice555

12 hours ago, fasteddie said:

You have obviously never smoked it, you're wrong on all counts.

No you are wrong on all counts.

it is just (????) the long team  Side effects are very bad .

if you want smoke it , up to you , but by making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more.

i have seen want it dose to people, but hard to tell those people who smoke it , it is no  good for you , like junkies can't be told .

15 hours ago, impulse said:

But on a more serious note, this sounds like a sponsored work either by Big Tobacco, Big Beer or Big Pharma.  I can think of a hundred reasons people prone to high blood pressure may be more likely to smoke pot, and people who smoke pot are likely to be the same people with health problems that had nothing to do with the weed.  

Just like people who go to hospitals more often are more likely to be sick.  Yet, I don't see anyone pointing at the hospitals.

Excellent post, especially the part quoted above. Sadly, very few people will have the intelligence to see this logic so stupid will prevail, public opinion will be swayed and big pharma/beer/tobacco will get their way. Again. 

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more.

I would say quite the opposite is true. Legalising means you can regulate. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, eeyang wah said:

I would say quite the opposite is true. Legalising means you can regulate. 

No way , but up to you 

a joke to smoke that  rubbish 

seen what that rubbish dose to people.

have you seen what that rubbish dose ?.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, georgemandm said:

No you are wrong on all counts.

it is just (????) the long team  Side effects are very bad .

if you want smoke it , up to you , but by making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more.

i have seen want it dose to people, but hard to tell those people who smoke it , it is no  good for you , like junkies can't be told .

There has been no rise in teen usage of marijuana in Colorada after it was legalized. In fact, quite the contrary.

After legalization, teen marijuana use drops sharply in Colorado

Teen marijuana use fell sharply in Colorado in the years 2014 and 2015, after the opening of that state's recreational marijuana market, new federal survey data show.

The state-level data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health showed that 18.35 percent of Coloradans ages 12 to 17 had used marijuana in the past year in 2014 or 2015, down sharply from 20.81 percent in 2013/2014. (In this survey, years are paired for state-level data to provide larger sample sizes). That works out to roughly a 12 percent drop in marijuana use, year-over-year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/21/one-of-the-greatest-fears-about-legalizing-marijuana-has-so-far-failed-to-happen/?utm_term=.cc69ebc62e02

• Like 1

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

There has been no rise in teen usage of marijuana in Colorada after it was legalized. In fact, quite the contrary.

Teen marijuana use fell sharply in Colorado in the years 2014 and 2015, after the opening of that state's recreational marijuana market, new federal survey data show.

The state-level data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health showed that 18.35 percent of Coloradans ages 12 to 17 had used marijuana in the past year in 2014 or 2015, down sharply from 20.81 percent in 2013/2014. (In this survey, years are paired for state-level data to provide larger sample sizes). That works out to roughly a 12 percent drop in marijuana use, year-over-year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/21/one-of-the-greatest-fears-about-legalizing-marijuana-has-so-far-failed-to-happen/?utm_term=.cc69ebc62e02

Of course teen use drop...

Anyway the thing to remember is how well prohibition worked...and the bright days we had at the time in US

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So what ,dose not mean one thing.

i have seen the  Side affect of that rubbish.

if you had kids would you want them to be able to buy that rubbish though someone?. 

My  opinion .

I don't put much faith in these "studies". Statistics can me manipulated to say whatever you want them to say. As far as higher or lower blood pressure caused by pot, it simply affects different people in different ways. Some people who are stoned sit down and stare into space. Others become chatterboxes. I suspect that the people staring into space have lower blood pressure than those who chatter non stop.

• Like 2

Just now, georgemandm said:

So what ,dose not mean one thing.

i have seen the  Side affect of that rubbish.

if you had kids would you want them to be able to buy that rubbish though someone?. 

My  opinion .

It means that what you asserted   "but by making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more" is false. So if it doesn't mean anything, that can only mean that what you wrote doesn't mean anything either. But just because what you wrote is false, that doesn't make it meaningless. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It means that what you asserted   "but by making it  legal  encourages young kids to smoke more" is false. So if it doesn't mean anything, that can only mean that what you wrote doesn't mean anything either. But just because what you wrote is false, that doesn't make it meaningless. 

You are wrong ok , it just says that they had a drop in kids smoking that bs .

people who smoke that rubbish will go on and on about how it should be   Legalized  .

you have no idea what it is doing to to the body of those people who smoke it ,  but up to them you , as long as they don't want a free hand out with  hospital care when they are going to die from  long term smoking . 

like all  types of smoking be it the rubbish  marijuana , that people smoke or the other rubbish  cigarettes .

They should do it in there own homes and kill they self and not the people around them  when theu want to smoke. 

Like I say they want to kill they selfs up to them .

i think thailand most get the worst  type of people from all over the world ,  living in thailand.

Marijuana smokers and  alcoholics .

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

You are wrong ok , it just says that they had a drop in kids smoking that bs .

people who smoke that rubbish will go on and on about how it should be   Legalized  .

you have no idea what it is doing to to the body of those people who smoke it ,  but up to them you , as long as they don't want a free hand out with  hospital care when they are going to die from  long term smoking . 

like all  types of smoking be it the rubbish  marijuana , that people smoke or the other rubbish  cigarettes .

They should do it in there own homes and kill they self and not the people around them  when theu want to smoke. 

Like I say they want to kill they selfs up to them .

i think thailand most get the worst  type of people from all over the world ,  living in thailand.

Marijuana smokers and  alcoholics .

Damn you're quite easy to judge people.

You do not smoke you do not drink,

are you vegan? (meat can cause cancer so if you eat meat I don't want you to have a free hand out with hospital),

do you drink coffee ( a drug which raise hypertension and glaucoma risk, I don't want you to have a free hand)

Do you pop some painkillers sometimes? ( It creates dependency and can cause liver diseases, I don't want you to have a free hand on this neither)

Do you live in a Bangkok or a big city? (I don't want you to have a free hand on this as it can cause lung diseases and you could prevent it by living in a farm

Do you drink any sugary drinks? ( I do not want you to have a free hand on this as sugar is well knownd for all the diseases it can give)

Do you salt your plates? ( I hope not cause I do not want you to have a free hand on this while you can just avoid salt)

How far can we push?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Golgota said:

Damn you're quite easy to judge people.

You do not smoke you do not drink,

are you vegan? (meat can cause cancer so if you eat meat I don't want you to have a free hand out with hospital),

do you drink coffee ( a drug which raise hypertension and glaucoma risk, I don't want you to have a free hand)

Do you pop some painkillers sometimes? ( It creates dependency and can cause liver diseases, I don't want you to have a free hand on this neither)

Do you live in a Bangkok or a big city? (I don't want you to have a free hand on this as it can cause lung diseases and you could prevent it by living in a farm

Do you drink any sugary drinks? ( I do not want you to have a free hand on this as sugar is well knownd for all the diseases it can give)

Do you salt your plates? ( I hope not cause I do not want you to have a free hand on this while you can just avoid salt)

How far can we push?

Not Judging  no one ok , up to them but do in your home .

you have no idea what you are on about ok .

just look around you and see what smoking dose to people.

the  hospitals are full of poor poor people who smoke all they lives and I feel sorry for them but not much I can do , the world would be a better place with out smoking.

why do you think people live longer because of modern  Medicine so don't go on about painkillers.

your  argument is  ridiculous .

Edited by georgemandm
Add on