Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Pattaya's iconic dolphin roundabout: Not necessary to ask the public what they want, says spokesman

sawadeeken    417

Maybe a good location for another 'Pattaya Tunnel'............ LOL...........

It would be even easier to drain this one since it is so close to the big Sewerage Pipes that 'dump' into Pattaya Bay.......... 

• Like 1

ross163103    170

Just a thought; maybe the city should think about COMPLETING a project before starting another one. The Suhkumvit tunnel, Siam Country club Rd, and the beach sand reclamation projects come to mind. Plus if they start on the roundabout BEFORE Pattaya Klang is opened back up that means two major roads into the city will be less than full capacity. Finish one thing before you start something else when it affects traffic. 

• Like 2

Rimmer    4,141

An inflammatory posts has been removed

balo    5,397

When the traffic lights stop working, and believe me they will, deadly accidents will happen. This is a crazy congested area with a mix of locals, tourists and big buses.

• Like 1

JSixpack    3,215
5 hours ago, Estrada said:

However, doing away with the roundabout is sure to give rise to a sharp increase in accidents. There are already traffic lights on the junctions and these are completely ignored.

No; no.

5 hours ago, Seismic said:

"Road space is limited in Pattaya", "traffic is not the same now",  He actually seems to be making the argument for a roundabout, The problem is not the roundabout, the problem is that Thai drivers do not respect the rules governing their use. I remember when the roundabout was installed, it was chaos after that as people barged their way onto the roundabout without a thought for other road users. It hasn't got any better since.

That's right.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I wonder will the traffic lights work the same way as the ones on Railway road ,that is for i week then never again?

No.

Tengtai    7

You can also teach Thai's how to drive in a roundabout..., or maybe not?

Stargrazer9889    898

Round abouts are good if everyone knows how to use them. There was one in Phuket that I avoided

as the tourists from Germany seemed to ignore the rules and were in many fender benders

when I used to visit there. Traffic lights will be better In Pattaya

Geezer

Estrada    1,514

The truth is that the roundabout has to be removed to make way for the new circular tramway.

IAMHERE    1,116

Got to wonder if the fountain is going to be repurposed for a rich mans garden?

Got to wonder what the fix is going to be for the traffic problem created when that edifice that is currently being built on the South East of that intersection; real traffic is going to become the norm when that place opens.

eeyang wah    268
On 10/08/2017 at 11:29 AM, ross163103 said:

Just a thought; maybe the city should think

Can I stop you there?

• Like 1

LennyW    4,124

He said the idea to put in lights had been decided a long time ago and everyone agreed that it was the way to go. Road space is limited in Pattaya and this option is the best, he said.

I didnt agree.

johng    3,023
He said the idea to put in lights had been decided a long time ago and everyone agreed that it was the way to go. Road space is limited in Pattaya and this option is the best, he said.

I didnt agree.

Nor did I....but seeing as it isnt necessary to ask the public what they want...Everyone must agree :unsure:

ross163103    170

"Not necessary to ask the public what they want".

Who pays this spokesman's--and the rest of city govt personnel's salary(?)....that's right, the taxpayers, maybe he's forgotten that like a LOT of govt officials! Maybe the public SHOULD have a say in things since they're the ones paying the bill........just a thought.

mok199    592

this is not''the only way'' to solve the resorts traffic problem..this is a small step..but its a step forward...forge on...

• Like 1