Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Thaivisa Web Content Team

This 3m-wide London alleyway is being transformed into a luxury five-floor home worth MILLIONS

A tiny three metre-wide gap between two buildings in London is being transformed into a luxury five-storey home .

Dubbed the "Skinny House", it will be sandwiched between an office block and a pub in Euston Road.

The space is a former alleyway which once provided access to the now-demolished Royal Orthopaedic Hospital.

Developer Bolsover Street says the plans will help provide "family-sized housing in the city" and the proposals have been approved by Westminster Council.

When built, the narrow home will feature a ground-floor courtyard at the back, as well as a roof terrace facing Euston Road.

There will also be an open plan kitchen/diner on the ground floor, a first-floor living room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.

In a planning statement submitted to the council, the developer states: "This narrow site can be opened up to deliver a family-sized home with private outdoor space, supplemented by the range of recreational opportunities at Regent's Park."

The application was opposed by the freeholder of the Green Man pub, next door to the site.

Full article

A1Str8    1,892

And why is the 'millions' written in capital letters like it's something special? 

starky    2,955

Sounds fyckn terrible to me, who would want to live there?

• Like 1

Muhendis    467
12 hours ago, starky said:

A small car and some very thin but stupid people perhaps?

Suradit69    11,576
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, starky said:

Apparently someone running a diner on the ground floor. Sounds like an expensive shophouse.

On 8/10/2017 at 10:06 PM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

There will also be an open plan kitchen/diner on the ground floor,

Edited by Suradit69

seancbk    1,393
On 8/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

You're a Newbie so don't realise that on the Daily News alert emails there are many stories of interest that are not Thai-related. If you aren't interested, don't click on the link. Simple, really.

It would be better if they would show what category these links are in.  I've clicked on a few thinking it was about Thailand only to find it was some crap about somewhere that means nothing to me.

• Like 1

chickenslegs    3,618
6 minutes ago, seancbk said:

It would be better if they would show what category these links are in.  I've clicked on a few thinking it was about Thailand only to find it was some crap about somewhere that means nothing to me.

I agree.

But, in this case the title made it very clear that the topic was about a London alleyway.

• Like 1

seancbk    1,393
1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I agree.

But, in this case the title made it very clear that the topic was about a London alleyway.

In this case yes.  It was also a story that I actually found interesting, although it's not the first super narrow property that's been sold in the UK for lots of money, so it's hardly news.

Bangkok Barry    2,192
4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Almost always the items not related to Thailand are listed below the tech news.