Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
tlcwaterfall

Overnight stay on way to Udon

Recommended Posts

I travel to Udon Thani area regularly from Surin. Am now finding the drive to be taxing and am looking for a place to stay overnight other than Khon Kaen.

 

Would ideally like to stay in a nice town with some nightlife and  have no more than say 200kms to drive the next day.

 

Trip from Surin to Udon is around 400kms.

 

Any helpful suggestions are much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you take the route thru Roi Et? It has a couple falang hangouts in the town center.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inThailand said:

Do you take the route thru Roi Et? It has a couple falang hangouts in the town center.

Have stayed there before and  ate and drank at the White Elephant.  Not sure if i got that name right.  Great place and great food too. And a nice hotel nearby.

 

Did not know there was another Falang hangout. Where is this other one please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two next to each other. They are on moat circle road. Can't remember their names, one was American owned, the other I think was French.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take a route that goes thru Khon Kaen, you are only 110 kms from Udon. There is a falang bar very close to the Novotel hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inThailand said:

If you take a route that goes thru Khon Kaen, you are only 110 kms from Udon. There is a falang bar very close to the Novotel hotel.

I have stayed at Khon Kaen many times. Looking for somewhere different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will be struggling IMO. 400 clicks aint a big drive and even though Isaan may be, the head of the river so to speak, outside of Udon there are no significant falang hangouts anywhere in the NE in my experience

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, starky said:

You will be struggling IMO. 400 clicks aint a big drive and even though Isaan may be, the head of the river so to speak, outside of Udon there are no significant falang hangouts anywhere in the NE in my experience

As mentioned in my op I am finding the drive taxing so an overnight stay will make it easier for me.

 

Agree with your assessment and will most likely have a night in Roiet or Kalasin.

 

Appreciate your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you want to go to Udon? There are so many other choices to hang out. I do like the idea of Roi Et. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomwct said:

Why do you want to go to Udon? There are so many other choices to hang out. I do like the idea of Roi Et. 

I have many friends there. 

 

What are the other choices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tlcwaterfall said:

I have many friends there. 

 

What are the other choices?

Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Buri Ram, Ubon, Korat, & Kao Yai!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 24 October 2017 18:18
Sponsors
×