Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

TimTang    286
On 11/08/2017 at 10:58 PM, tomwct said:

There's an Irish Pub next BTS that has a great music Wednesday to Sunday from 8PM. Molly Malone's on Convent has a good Happy Hour 4PM to 8PM. Aussie's normally like the Ladyboy Bars on Patpong, so take them there. Good Dinner at Roadhouse Barbeque.

"Aussie's normally like the Ladyboy Bars on Patpong, so take them there." 

I lived in Bangkok for about 16 years and about 50% of my friends were Aussie. NONE of them frequented Ladyboy bars that I knew of. Maybe they were sneaking off and slumming in Ladyboy bars unbeknownst to me. If there are any Aussie's out there you might want jump in and clerify this new stereotype that you've just been labelled with.

TimTang    286
On 14/08/2017 at 0:46 AM, Spaniel said:

In the Patpong area be very careful  if you go to any of the bars on the second floor, the ones that are promoting sex shows.      Lots of problems with overcharging.

He's right! Don't ever go upstairs in Patpong. 90% of the time you'll get ripped off and if you complain it can lead to violence or at very least grief.

Lived in Silom several months. Strange area. Mostly corporate type business buildings or hotels. Inside people who like ac.

Not much to do in Silom and gets quiet at night. Feels deserted after dark.

if you like hotel bars and buffets it's a good location.

patong is exciting of course but it's an exception for the area and not that big. Lumpini park is also a great option for day times, but gets old after a visit or two.

easy way to avoid scam bars/establishments is simply to pause and check out the place before going in. I can tell immediately by just looking at the staff or servers or guys hanging out by the door/entry. Not hard to do unless your drunk or loaded.

if the windows are smoked simply step inside and look. Not hard to do.

The vibe has to be positive without thinking about it if it he vibe is seedy or neutral it's a no. Pushy but nice is also a no.

Edited by Jim Turner Mad Punx