Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Pattaya cabbie knocks out foreign tourist who grabbed his shirt

5 hours ago, TVGerry said:

I don't actually. But I've always notice the <deleted> here who are more than willing to give the foreigners the benefit of the doubt. You may be wrong, I may be wrong but in this case, the taxi driver could be in the right and the idiot who got beat down deserved it. 

Perhaps you should take a vacation from this country. You need to spend some time away from the locals you probably despise.

ok I have got to ask since you seem to be Da'man on this thread

What do you actually think went on ? 

what we know so far

- 2nd road someone crossing

- taxi driver in his taxi - we will presume he was driving

- then someone that was crossing 2nd road ended up standing in front of said driven taxi

- taxi driver got out of his vehicle

altercation takes place

can you fill in the gaps ?

I don't see any

the guy was crossing and nearly got run over and got angry about ti..........as I said above - this happens all the time on 2nd road.......it is dangerous because everyone wants to be where they are going regardless .................oh yes to save maybe 2mins at the most they are willing to run people down 

• Like 2

One punch and knocked out! This guy needs to take up boxing.

16 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Clearly obstructing performance of a good deed in progress.

That poor cabbie was probably just going about his daily business returning lost handbags full of $$$$ and jewellery to their rightful owners.

At least it puts an end to the stories that a Thai man needs at least 10 friends before fighting with a Foreigner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Why? The tourist acted like a <deleted> and got punched out. I think wherever in the world you are, act like a punk, you get beaten like a punk.

And most likely the taxidriver use a weapon,i know the thai taxidrivers, you dont i see

• Like 1

Frustrating road to cross Second Rd.

Frustrating place to drive too.

Not enough information here except what is written suggests the tourist laid his hands on the driver and should not have.

What happened before would be speculation... why did the driver get out of his vehicle?

no pack attack

If it happens to the cabbie the farang would have been locked up pending deportation ................

45 minutes ago, steven100 said:

taxi drivers never lie ....  so it must be true ...  :shock1:

neither do foreigners :smile:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nasanews said:

It is totally stupid to blame the taxi driver.

It is totally stupid to come to any conclusion unless you were there to witness what happened?

Oh yeah, just because the Taxi driver said it happened that way, let's just believe him, cause Thai's never lie!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are waiting for the foreigner to recover before attempting to get to the truth of the matter.

Sounds to me like they have already heard the bull#@$%.

I wonder if the foreigner left his money, a bag, or phone in the cab and the driver wasn't about to return it.

We'll see, maybe.

• Haha 1

Well if this story is reported correctly, can't blame the cabbie. Someone stops your car in the middle of the road and starts hitting it, then grabs you by the collar, I'd have the same reaction. Been grabbed by the collar/ throat before by a stranger, and it wasn't for a welcome to country kiss! 

"A fight broke out and the taxi driver smashed the foreigner in the face knocking him out."

A sucker punch to the face is hardly a fight breaking out.

There are very very few crosswalks on 2nd Road. And from South Pattaya Road to Central Pattaya Road, it is a few kilometers with no stop lights, and the Thais take all advantage of this like they thought they were on Sukhumvit, with speeds easily exceeding 80kph.

• Like 1