Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Pattaya cabbie knocks out foreign tourist who grabbed his shirt

I wonder if the cops would be so nonchalant had the falang knocked out the cabbie? Well...not really, if it had been that way the cabbie would have returned with 20 close friends waving machetes. Then he would have to nop and pray at a temple for a couple of weeks to be forgiven. Maybe shave his head, too.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 0:36 PM, mogandave said:

Then why stop in front of the tax

This is what is written, and some people  "need' to give a lesson. But does it need to trigger an aggression?

This is what is written, and some people  "need' to give a lesson. But does it need to trigger an aggression?

He apparently blocked it long enough for the driver to get pissed, jump out and pop him.

The guy was drunk, it does not surprise me that a drunk tourist would show his a** and try to sell a few wolf tickets. I'm more surprised the driver oils by one...

Posted (edited)

Did the taxi leave his meter running and his customer in the vehicle while waiting for the police to arrive?...Perhaps not if he was one of those "samaritain" drivers who insist to drive you off meter, with a special price for you!!

Edited by observer90210

In any event it seems a good idea to give this particular taxi driver a miss.

พบ 361.

and you know this how exactly

Did you not see the photo?

The guy gets clocked and he has to be dragged to the curb and is still laid out when cops get there. Perhaps if Mike Tyson was driving the cab...

20 hours ago, smedly said:

and you know this how exactly

cf Mofanddave post above. Sorry no time to comment, due to imminent visa run (my last one, will leave Thailand after thisone expires)

On 8/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, NCC1701A said:

The cab driver should have done nothing but leave/get away. He should be held responsible for all hospital bills and stripped of his license to drive a taxi.

Well, that's exactly what would happen back home in the 'real word', but TiT... :smile:

cf Mofanddave post above. Sorry no time to comment, due to imminent visa run (my last one, will leave Thailand after thisone expires)

How'd the visa run go? I never halve done one.

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

How'd the visa run go?

Just good, got three months.

Very easy, 2 pictures 4x6 cms, fill the form you get for free cross the street - they even provide the glue for the pictures.

remit before 11AM, get the passport and visa next day 2PM.

Many hotels around, Avalon: nice and clean.

Ah, important: show equivalent of $700 in cash or hardcopy of bank statement

and 1000 Bahts

HTH

Amazing how effective these little fighters can be. They all know that the big fat farang is likely to make a lot of noise for a while; so they don't waste any time and go right to the fact of the matter.

Here, if you want to get a chance, hit.. and run.. try to evade the pack of 20 rabid dogs that will be coming after you, inevitably...

Edited by KiChakayan