Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

National police chief gets tough on immigration department after more delays anger tourists

Happyman58    320

All the booths are manned hey Crap Then what are those immigration people doing walking around doing nothin

mlmcleod    60

First, I have heard from many locals in Jomtien that many of the condos here are stuffed with zero-baht Chinese tourists.  The huge tourist buses are parked all over the place so I suspect it is true.  Second, August is the start of the month long European holidays.  Third, immigration has no idea how to manage and staff for queues. 

There are simple standardized statistical solutions to solve the last two problems.  They are generally taught in management 101 classes at most universities in the west.  

Don't get mad, it is just my opinion!:smile:

• Like 1

Bill Miller    295
17 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Blind as bread.

Why do they not simply give out waiting numbers, as in any bank.

Then at least the annoying waiting in a queue could be avoided. Instead you could go shopping or eat comfortably in a restaurant. Also more massage shops could be

stationed in the airport. Would bring money and would contribute to the general relaxation. As long as they can not organize more immigration staff.

None of those facilities are readily available before immigration, if I recall. Ergo people peeing on the floor.
No excuse whatsoever for not organizing more immigration staff. The information regarding the number of incoming passengers is readily available. Somebody just has to bloody look!
My GF gets called in on her off time, and kept over all the time in her retail management job. Are the IO exempt from normal employment practices?

saminoz    1,046
18 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I wonder how people like me who need to catheter would deal with lines like these. I could not even urinate on the floor. 

Hand over your catheter bag with your passport when you finally reach the counter saying"now you really can take the piss"!

:shock1:

• Like 1

chuang    675

Can't cope with the influx of tourists,  simple solution is to curtail the numbers of tourists's arrival...:drunk:

Thian    3,198
22 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

This morning I arrived around 7:30 am and had to wake up female immigration officer working in the Priority area

Few years ago we parked behind Swampy on an open parkinglot with guards...when we wanted to leave at 5 am we couldn't even get the guard awake to open the barrier for us...Had to horn about 30 seconds nonstop to get him awake.

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

These clowns are full of excuses, always someone else to blame, they couldnt run a p++s up in a brewery.

Sack a few of the top dogs, that will wake the others up.

I'm surprised, that the excuse: "Too many foreigners came suddenly at the same time. If the foreigners had planned their travel to Thailand better..." hasn't come up yet.

Depending on the airports' number of employees from neighbouring countries, we might also still hear: "It's the fault of the Cambodian employees...", etc. :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

This morning I arrived around 7:30 am and had to wake up female immigration officer working in the Priority area

That's what I always say: Thais are like 3-year old children, they need their napping time... :passifier:

48 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

None of those facilities are readily available before immigration, if I recall. Ergo people peeing on the floor.

I remember reading a book about 1980s China: people waiting a long time for their trains, urinating and defecating right there on the platform. With people, including children, waiting in a queue for several hours -  keep on reading the news about Thailand's airport(s) (mess)...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mlmcleod said:

First, I have heard from many locals in Jomtien that many of the condos here are stuffed with zero-baht Chinese tourists.  The huge tourist buses are parked all over the place so I suspect it is true.

Well, according to the TAT, these are Thailand's new quality tourists:sleepy:

Edited by StayinThailand2much

moe666    2,957

Much ado about nothing, one shot deal with too many airplanes landing at the same time. Get over it. When they man unneeded desk then the complaint will be a waste of man power.

I had a similar experience years ago when a couple of 747s landed from China, the big problem was they didn't fill in the TM6 as no english. I just scoped out the area and jumped in line at a newly opened q, it did take about an hour to get out but when I left the lines were growing.

Things happen no need to get carried away.