Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

More traffic chaos coming to Pattaya as cable work set to begin

catman20    2,070
19 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Good Luck with the traffic jams Pattayans. 

thank you

Eli1    98
On 11/08/2017 at 10:40 PM, wpcoe said:

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought, but I assumed the cables would be under the sidewalks where easy access would be.  Live and learn.

No idea mate.

wvavin    764

Hiding cables only in Pattaya? It is as good as Ostrich Syndrome....LOL.....

jacko45k    4,471
On 8/11/2017 at 7:14 PM, snoop1130 said:

Weary Pattaya folk commented online on Sophon Cable's Facebook page that they hoped the work would not drag on over schedule as is the case for the infamous Pattaya tunnel that is still unopened.

You could stake your life on it!

jacko45k    4,471
Posted (edited)

Well, to shine a positive light...

They were laying the concrete on the Soi Siam Country Club Rd on Friday  near the Railway line bypass junction, so that should be ready for opening soon.... and access to the recently completed tunnel area will be easier for those up in the dark-side.  Mind you they might leave it completed and unopened for 3-4 months as seems to be the process.

Edited by jacko45k

thailand49    701

Did they just wake up one morning and say to themselves we got to lay the wires underground.  They had 3 years to do it while they were digging the tunnel and traffic up and down Klang was reduced.

When it comes to digging in Pattaya, like on the Darkside, they might not like what they find?

When it comes to the tunnel, something is going on they not talking about? Maybe it is more " rogue water " they are finding under the tunnel. They have put nicely painted white use tires to close off the Klang at the top Sukhumvit.

newnative    1,040

Middle of the road?  Madness--especially since they seem to dig things up repeatedly.

balo    5,397

Someone will get electrocuted soon enough.

On 11/08/2017 at 7:40 PM, wpcoe said:

Interesting.  I never gave it much thought, but I assumed the cables would be under the sidewalks where easy access would be.  Live and learn.

The sidewalks are too narrow to fit a cable under. 555

emilymat    1,008

I think it must all be done on purpose.

Today, I had some visitors from up north and I live on the darkside - the end of Siam Country Club Road. I said I would show them the way to Pattaya Klang, given you have to follow a diversion on SCC road, due to two years of disruption.

Anyway, we eventually got to the end of SCC Raod at the junction to Sukhumvit. I assured them the rest would be easy until, to my horror and embarrassment, the exit into Klang had been closed!, presumably to discourage traffic during the cable laying,

I simply could not grasp why they have decided to rip up Klang now we are near the opening of the tunnel.  Why, oh why, could it have not been done earlier when Klang traffic was light due to the construction of the tunnel???  

As I said, apart from being really pi..ed off, I think they must do it on purpose to keep traffic congestion/confusion as a permanent feature.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ross163103    170
1 hour ago, emilymat said:

I simply could not grasp why they have decided to rip up Klang now we are near the opening of the tunnel.  Why, oh why, could it have not been done earlier when Klang traffic was light due to the construction of the tunnel???  

Exactly!!! The lack of planning/foresight in this city is unbelievable! I guess no planning/foresight means more projects, so more people can make more money.

• Like 1

ross163103    170
On 8/13/2017 at 8:04 AM, thailand49 said:

Did they just wake up one morning and say to themselves we got to lay the wires underground.  They had 3 years to do it while they were digging the tunnel and traffic up and down Klang was reduced.

Yes, yes, yes it's unbelievable! I live on the east side off Siam CC so have been dealing with this crap for a few years; first Siam CC, then the tunnel project, now Pattaya Klhang. I guess the next obstacle will be the Pattaya Nua roundabout....let the fun continue!

emilymat    1,008

Let me see if I have this right.

The object of the tunnel was/is to allow the 'through' traffic to avoid the Klang intersection. So, after the great day on 25th when the ribbon is cut, the through traffic from the Nua end will run into the obstacle of all those cars queuing to make a 'U' turn back up the other side to get on Klang.

As I've observed before, when setting out from the darkside to go shopping etc. in Pattaya, one really does not know what adventures lye in wait.

• Like 1