Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

I always bicycle or bus my way out of Tld. Never fly, and never stay in hotels.

So what do I provide as a ticket out when applying for a SETV at Svnkt?

Posted (edited)

A Finnish friend of mine provided a bus ticket out

However this was 2 days after they enforced the ticket out rule there, i'm not sure if things have changed but I have not read or heard of anything changing

Note that cash is not accepted, it must be bank statements as far as I know, others will confirm

As for hotel bookings there are sites that you can book and confirm but don't pay which can be cancelled later if you choose to do so

Edited by darrendsd

3 hours ago, cmjc said:

I always bicycle or bus my way out of Tld. Never fly, and never stay in hotels.

So what do I provide as a ticket out when applying for a SETV at Svnkt?

What did you do in the past? From your wording it appears that you've been here a while.

An air-ticket from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur may be as cheap as a bus-ticket, and no issue with "will they accept a bus ticket" - though I think they do.  Be sure to have proof of where you will be staying as well as a bank-acct statement or book showing the equivalent of 20K Baht or more.

Thank you for your responses.

Surely a snapshot of my fully loaded Tourer bicycle would be sufficient?

I tried to wheel it into the Consulate once to show them my transport out :)

I'll enquire about an international bus ticket to Laos, to see if they will allow me to book one in advance. I don't want to rumble down to HY, always an epic train journey for us.

If I could pre-book and cancel an aeroplane ticket for a minimal fee, that would appeal.
Any ideas where I can do that?

6 minutes ago, cmjc said:

I'll enquire about an international bus ticket to Laos, to see if they will allow me to book one in advance. I don't want to rumble down to HY, always an epic train journey for us.

You can buy bus tickets here online. https://12go.asia/en

You can buy a one way ticket to a nearby country from any airport. Low cost airlines will refund the taxes paid on a ticket if you cancel it early enough.

Thank you Sir.

Though I try to avoid buying ANYTHING inside airports, always a rip-off.

I doubt any of you will know what a "Bucket shop" is :)

3 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Though I try to avoid buying ANYTHING inside airports, always a rip-off.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I was trying to say you can fly out from any airport not buy the ticket there. I always buy tickets in advance online.

You can buy bus tickets here online. https://12go.asia/en
You can buy a one way ticket to a nearby country from any airport. Low cost airlines will refund the taxes paid on a ticket if you cancel it early enough.
In not aware of any that will refund. Or more precisely if they do they bury that info & how to, in the depths of Hades.

Can you give a hint or link?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Q/
I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I was trying to say you can fly out from any airport not buy the ticket there. I always buy tickets in advance online.
/Q

Yes, thank you Joe, I +did+ get your drift, but it took my mind back to a recent visit to Blighty; asking around Travel Agencies for their "Bucket Shop" I was met by bemused flummoxed staff at every turn.

Kids! :)

2 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

In not aware of any that will refund. Or more precisely if they do they bury that info & how to, in the depths of Hades.

Can you give a hint or link?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

You can apply after-the-fact for a refund of the airport tax.  That can be 1/2+  the cost of a low-cost international flight.  It will take a while to get the money, but is do-able by filling out a form.

Do you really need a hotel booking +as well as+ a tkt out?

3 hours ago, cmjc said:

it took my mind back to a recent visit to Blighty; asking around Travel Agencies for their "Bucket Shop" I was met by bemused flummoxed staff at every turn.

Back in the 1980s, I used the bucket shops around Earls Court pretty often. Today, bucket shops for clearance of unsold air tickets are essentially obsolete. The combination of fare deregulation, and online sites like Expedia for sale of last minute tickets has eliminated their reason to exist.

• Like 1