Jump to content
Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Do you really need a hotel booking +as well as+ a tkt out?

Yes as you have already been advised by other posters

 

This is a requirement and if you don't meet these requirements you will not receive a TV at Savan, it's as simple as that

 

If you choose to ignore what we have kindly advised you then that's your choice

 

You also seem to be misunderstanding what people are trying to tell you, you DON'T have to use the bus/air ticket out and you DON'T have to use the hotel booking

 

Use your imagination and search the net, there are plenty of sites where you can get confirmed bookings for both but don't have to pay up front and can be cancelled later

Edited by darrendsd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Darren; so a confirmed booking of travel and hotel, qualifies as a Ticket out?

If so, I don't actually need a Ticket-Out, just a couple of chits with confirmed bookings.

And if I use my imagination, I can get these free by "searching the net".

I imagine I could. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cmjc said:

Thank you Darren; so a confirmed booking of travel and hotel, qualifies as a Ticket out?

If so, I don't actually need a Ticket-Out, just a couple of chits with confirmed bookings.

And if I use my imagination, I can get these free by "searching the net".

I imagine I could. :)
 

You need to show them the following

 

Ticket out Air or Bus

Hotel Booking for Thailand, I would advise at least a weeks bookings, probably more

Bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or the equivalant (sp)

 

If you cannot provide all of these then you will not receive a TV

 

You would be better of going to Vientianne where none of the above are asked for

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You need to show them the following

 

Ticket out Air or Bus

Hotel Booking for Thailand, I would advise at least a weeks bookings, probably more

Bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or the equivalant (sp)

 

If you cannot provide all of these then you will not receive a TV

 

You would be better of going to Vientianne where none of the above are asked for

I don't want to hijack this thread, but planning to apply for a TV in P.P. via an agent, what are the latest requirements?? (I'm planning to take my bank book and cash).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darren now says it must be a Ticket, so a confirmed booking is not sufficient.

I'm really going to use my imagination.... and imagine I can get a TICKET... on the net.... without payment...

... ... ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but planning to apply for a TV in P.P. via an agent, what are the latest requirements?? (I'm planning to take my bank book and cash).

  • $1K USD or equivalent via bank-statement
  • flight out of Thailand
  • proof of where you will stay (rental-contract or hotel-booking)
  • usual form, pic, fee
  • agent-fee (recommended in Phnom Penh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JackThompson said:
  • $1K USD or equivalent via bank-statement
  • flight out of Thailand
  • proof of where you will stay (rental-contract or hotel-booking)
  • usual form, pic, fee
  • agent-fee (recommended in Phnom Penh)

How about if I stayed in an apartment with my girlfriend? (I'm paying the rent). Could I just co-sign the rental contract, then use it in lieu of a hotel booking? And a recent copy of a bank book, plus original is not enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

How about if I stayed in an apartment with my girlfriend? (I'm paying the rent). Could I just co-sign the rental contract, then use it in lieu of a hotel booking? And a recent copy of a bank book, plus original is not enough?

A recently-updated bank-book is fine - that's what I used.

 

Not sure how the rental-contract would be viewed if you are not named.  Maybe some online hotel bookings printed out (free / cancel-able, in some cases) would be a better idea, as this would also not imply an intent to stay a long-time.

Edited by JackThompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

A recently-updated bank-book is fine - that's what I used.

 

Not sure how the rental-contract would be viewed if you are not named.  Maybe some online hotel bookings printed out (free / cancel-able, in some cases) would be a better idea, as this would also not imply an intent to stay a long-time.

Well, I don't worry about the hotel booking so much, as I can easily book and cancel again. Any advice on the flight ticket requirement? Would a booking confirmation from a low-cost airline, printed out, suffice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Would a booking confirmation from a low-cost airline, printed out, suffice?

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a good agent, he will do a reservation for you and cancel it, when you reached you destination. I did that quite often, as when I entered Thailand it was never clear, when I would leave.

 

Second option is to edit an old reservation and alter the data and make a printout.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Which websites would you recommend for a hotel booking and flight booking which you can cancel afterwards?


If you go to most any hotel website and select the fully refundable rate when you make a reservation you can cancel it without charge, often up to the day of the stay, most always up to 24 hours prior.

It is the same with airline tickets. Full fare tickets are (generally) refundable.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

If you have a good agent, he will do a reservation for you and cancel it, when you reached you destination. I did that quite often, as when I entered Thailand it was never clear, when I would leave.

 

Second option is to edit an old reservation and alter the data and make a printout.

Are you suggesting fraud? It will be interesting to see how the mods handle your post.

 

If, as other posters have alluded to, the immigration people monitor this forum then I expect we will see another rule change forthcoming, possibly proof of payment and the phone number of the hotel to confirm.

 

Well done guys!! And people wonder why things are getting harder......

Edited by tryasimight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 13 December 2017 14:09
Sponsors
×