Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Deputy Governor Blames HIV Infections On Gay TV Characters

nong38    1,946

Its always important to wear a condom when watching Thai TV and always wear rubber gloves when using the remote control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

greenchair    4,132
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, calexapic said:

I said I was all for everyone being taight it's ok to be gay. Or any other reality of LGBTQ+

Why don't you just put the entire alphabet. Make sure everyone is covered 😁pardon the pun😄

Edited by greenchair
forgot my mojo
  • Haha 1

jak2002003    1,274
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, greenchair said:

If you look at the statistics 80 percent of hiv is contracted by gays. The teachers really need to stop telling young boys that getting hiv is no problem, because you can take drugs and live a full life. Considering the increase in hiv infection in Thailand and the hundreds of young boys that contract it every year, the only one with head in the sand and behind the times is you. 

You do realise that HIV infections in Thailand have considerably DECREASED not increased, right?  

• Like 2

jak2002003    1,274
4 hours ago, calexapic said:

I said I was all for everyone being taight it's ok to be gay. Or any other reality of LGBTQ+. 

Being anything other than heterosexual or cis gendered is not a bloody lifestyle choice and no matter how much anyone imparted that on people it wouldn't make you gay. 

Educatiin, sadly is much needed beyind school years.

To liken homosexuality or anything that doesn't fit in your archaic norms, to smoking, drug taking, alcohol abuse or religion is hysterical and at best misguided.

Agreed there is no reason for any teacher to be overly affectionate with pupils but I'd sooner my children got a reassuring hug or shoulder squeeze than be left to cry thinking no one cared as the teachers are too scared of the cries of paedo or gay.

Your views are a very good example of why it has been deemed ok for a public official to spout such crap.

I know what I'll continue to impart on my childrens vulnerable minds and the minds of those i work with... people are people, all deserving of the same respect until their actions or words tell you otherwise. That being gay is akin to having blue eyes or brown skin or blonde hair... not something they chose but just another part of who they are and certainly not a reason for them to be ostracized or blamed for society's ills. 

It is true the HIV virus passes easier through anal sex due to the physiology of it, not because the peiple taking part are more deserving of HIV <deleted>. I know many hetero men who like a bit of bum fun too. Also in the 80s gay men were more promiscuous, it's thought due to still having to hide from the ignorant bigotry that was mainstream so get it where you can kind of thing. A bit like a 2 week holiday in Patts being your only outlet.

Anyway live and let live... or even better live and use your standing in life to try and support those whose voices are still either not being heard or are being actively quashed or demonised.

Very good post...... very well explained and I agree 100 percent with you.... sadly I think you are wasting you time of some of the people here... who don't seem to have the capacity for rational thinking or even using their brains.  

calexapic    32
2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Very good post...... very well explained and I agree 100 percent with you.... sadly I think you are wasting you time of some of the people here... who don't seem to have the capacity for rational thinking or even using their brains.  

Someone far more intelligent than me once said homophobes have far more to gain by recruiting homophobes than homosexuals have from "turning" people gay. I am more on Morgan Freeman's wavelength (i wish)... Homophobia... you're not scared, you are an <deleted>. 

Anyway, yes I agree my breath is wasted on some who prefer ignorance... won't stop me getting my soapbox out 😂

• Like 1

greenchair    4,132
1 hour ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Unfortunately for that viewpoint, science has found that homosexuality is partly genetic and partly influenced by what happens in the womb - i.e. before birth. Homosexuality is not a choice, they are born that way. All of them.

I don't know about that, extensive studies have also shown that a disproportionate number of gay male /female were sexualy abused by a same sex person older than them.well into 60 percent and above. The median age for that abuse is 10 to 13 years. Of the gay people that were not abused a great many were raised in poverty, with drugs, and alcoholism, and or physical abuse a part of family life. 

Then there are a few like you say, simply gay. Though that is the exception. The current trend to include gay role models on tv. Introduce and promote same sex in schools  is nothing less than psychological pedophilia. The systematic grooming of children and attempt at confusing children to believe a same sex life is normal and wonderful. 

When in fact hiv is rampant , with suicide in this group very high. 

I am a supporter of gay rights, support groups, partnership marriage, equal employment opportunities. I'm against gay role models being used to promote this lifestyle to children. It's not an easy life and I am sad to say never will be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

greenchair    4,132
Just now, Jingthing said:

That was one of the most incredibly ignorant, HATE filled post that I've read all week, and that's saying something. You're not fooling anybody. You're spreading virulent anti-gay propaganda thinly masked with pseudo academic mumbo jumbo. SHAME ON YOU.

It's all in the statistics, deny it all you like. There have been extensive studies . Nothing hateful about my post at all. I have asked all my gay friends, every one sexually abused, or raised in a very abusive family. If I meet a gay person that had a normal upbringing with no trauma, I would be willing to open my mind to he /she was born that way. Not holding my breath though.  

Jingthing    33,689
Just now, greenchair said:

It's all in the statistics, deny it all you like. There have been extensive studies . Nothing hateful about my post at all. I have asked all my gay friends, every one sexually abused, or raised in a very abusive family. If I meet a gay person that had a normal upbringing with no trauma, I would be willing to open my mind to he /she was born that way. Not holding my breath though.  

Now you're doubling down on the lies. Show your sources. I bet everyone you get that garbage from extremist right wing websites. Not credible. The ignorance and hatred you broadcast is sickening. 

• Like 2

greenchair    4,132
26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now you're doubling down on the lies. Show your sources. I bet everyone you get that garbage from extremist right wing websites. Not credible. The ignorance and hatred you broadcast is sickening. 

Lol, I have not broadcast hate at all. It's not my intention to invoke stress or upset to you. but it does seem by your anger, I have hit a note. 

Jingthing    33,689
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Lol, I have not broadcast hate at all. It's not my intention to invoke stress or upset to you. but it does seem by your anger, I have hit a note. 

Everyone note he neglects to state his sources. Asked for twice. Note he refers vaguely to "studies" but fails to mention what studies and from where. 

That is his right but it's my right to point that  out. I'm sure his sources are totally bogus and from anti-gay HATE sites.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rc2702    1,302

Boys wear blue

Girls wear pink.

That's the rules 

Jingthing    33,689
Just now, Rc2702 said:

Boys wear blue

Girls wear pink.

That's the rules