Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
torrow

Marriage visa - how to calculate money required?

torrow    67

For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k?

SABloke    3,070

I would assume that your annual income plus bank 2 months bank statement would need to add up to 400k gross (similar combination strategy to retirement extension requirements). As an aside, if you are working in Thailand - don't bother...just extend based on work 

Maestro    3,082
1 hour ago, torrow said:

For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k?

The latest version of the extension rules no longer allows a combination of income and money in the bank for the marriage extension.

elviajero    3,193
3 hours ago, torrow said:

Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both?

No.

You can only use a combination of both when applying for an extension based on retirement.

Suradit69    11,573
6 hours ago, SABloke said:

I would assume that your annual income plus bank 2 months

He's asking about an extension based on marriage, not retirement.

Phuketboy    459

Is this amount to be shown every year?  Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B).  Interested in changing this.  Elite card is always another option.

PoorSucker    4,379
7 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Is this amount to be shown every year?  Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B).  Interested in changing this.  Elite card is always another option.

Every year. 

toddsaed    13

can lt be forty thousand baht a month as combined income with your wife, we are retired teachers

pby92    19
21 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank

PoorSucker    4,379
2 hours ago, toddsaed said:

can lt be forty thousand baht a month as combined income with your wife, we are retired teachers

No,  need to be one the husbands income only.

Before 2008 combined income was allowed. 

Phuketboy    459
On 12/08/2017 at 1:45 PM, pby92 said:

If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank

I never said there was a problem and it certainly isn't.  I was just asking a question if it was to be shown every year.  :thumbsup:  Oh and it's baht not baths, why so many people get this wrong.  

Edited by Phuketboy
  • Haha 1