Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

District chief on the move again armed with stickers - but was that a machine gun?

Small machine guns perfectly acceptable in walking street anti aircraft size is a problem

If DC is looking for Human traffickers then the DC should go and look at camps near army bases on Myanmar and Malaysian border. Of course, the Army would know the camps were nearby

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yes, it was.

They had a pretty strong tip off that there was yet another game of pensioner's bridge card game taking place, in a secret venue !

Take no chances. 

That is not a machine gun.

It is a machine pistol.

Widely used in many police forces, all over the world and carried if deemed necessary.

The attached pic, that is a machinegun

M240-1.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yes, it was.

They had a pretty strong tip off that there was yet another game of pensioner's bridge card game taking place, in a secret venue !

Take no chances. 

It looks similar to the weapon carried by the French Police.

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Even at Swampy airport they don't carry machineguns like that...it must be pretty dangerous there in Pattaya.

The police in Schiphol airport, Amsterdam, does.

Like in Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, just to name a few airports.

And for that matter, in the centre of town.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, hansnl said:

The police in Schiphol airport, Amsterdam, does.

Like in Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, just to name a few airports.

And for that matter, in the centre of town.

Also in Malaysia, Singapore, Tokyo i saw heavy armed security in every public space at the airports...

Only Swampy doesn't need them it seems.

Edited by Thian

3 hours ago, ksamuiguy said:

reminds me of some european airport security 40 years ago.

armed soldiers or or Police patrolling the area does not give the Visitor a warm fuzzy feeling that they are safe if armed troops/police are patrolling the area especially with automatic weapons.They look like a group of storm troopers.

Does no one know "Low Profile"

Armed soldiers or or Police patrolling the area does not give the Visitor a warm fuzzy feeling that they are safe if armed troops/police are patrolling the area especially with automatic weapons.

So basically you are saying that most of the cities in Europe are not safe for tourists because of the armed police on the streets.

Yet because Thailand does NOT have armed police groups at the airports it is not a s safe as Europe.

Really?

29 minutes ago, Thian said:

Also in Malaysia, Singapore, Tokyo i saw heavy armed security in every public space at the airports...

Only Swampy doesn't need them it seems.

They are at every airport in the UK, and most big towns and cities in the UK have at least one armed police response support vehicle out 24/7. The bigger the city the more groups that are out.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Small machine guns perfectly acceptable in walking street anti aircraft size is a problem

Not if you can move it around like this baby .. Just the job for those unruly w/s Chinese .. 

_20170812_072832.JPG

8 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

What exactly is human trafficking, as it relates to Thai pubs and bars? 

Honestly if people understood what it is then they could help..  with.. .. whatever that is.

If you hire a 17 year old who herself got on a Rung Ruang bus to Pattaya, are you now guilty of trafficking?  Why actually does age matter when it comes to 'trafficking'?    And does the line of work matter?  And does it matter if the person is Thai or not?

I really wish I understood the offense.. I hear it all the time.  But.. what is it?

My understanding of human trafficking is based on what was happening (and is still happening) a few years ago. Thinking of woman (usually) lured into non existent job , having their passport taken from them and then being forced to have sex to repay any debt owed for airfares or whatever for an extended period as the debt grow larger until they have no way out. Slavery basically. Very common in Europe I believe.

These days the term is so widely bandied about that just about anything can be termed human trafficking when in a lot of cases it is not, but the evil connotation is still there in peoples minds.

It suits the lefty do-gooders agenda to encourage the watering down of the meaning behind the terminology. Bit like being called a racist because I don't like female Islamic garb, or a sexist because I say a lady is attractive, neither of which are racist or sexist.

The consent part in legislation refers to the problem faced when slaves are interviewed... they nearly always say they are there willingly. So frightened and institutionalised they have become. Often illegal immigrants who feel they can only rely on their master. It means the police can investigate further despite them saying this eg do they have hold and access to their own docs? Do they have any money, do they know their address phone number etc. Well that's as I understand it in the UK where trafficking and modern slavery are shamedly a big problem.

The bunch of smartypants are out on their never ending journey again I can see.

• Like 1