Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

"Sin City" not just for the tourists - Pattaya monk defrocked!

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Sin City" not just for the tourists

Absolutely ridiculous 'journalism'. Pattaya represents a small percentage of prostitution nationally. Does, however, bring in tourist money for everyone who works there and other similar tourist areas, to support themselves and their families which is more than the 'government' does. Sin City? Thai's murdering/killing people and getting away with it. 'SIN'? Corruption. SIN? ABSOLUTE RUBBISH STORY. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH HEADLINE.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Absolutely ridiculous 'journalism'. Pattaya represents a small percentage of prostitution nationally. Does, however, bring in tourist money for everyone who works there and other similar tourist areas, to support themselves and their families which is more than the 'government' does. Sin City? Thai's murdering/killing people and getting away with it. 'SIN'? Corruption. SIN? ABSOLUTE RUBBISH STORY. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH HEADLINE.

What percentage...I'm curious...do you have verified figures?

4 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

So being a monk is classed as a job then?

That is why the unemployment rate is so low

11 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Why couldn't he just spank the monk - ey ?

Because a Monk or Novice are supposed to be celibate... that prohibits masturbation too.

21 minutes ago, godblessemall said:

Because a Monk or Novice are supposed to be celibate... that prohibits masturbation too.

But a bit of ' polishing ' of the merc' is ok surely .. 

_20170812_213449.JPG

8 hours ago, tryasimight said:

What percentage...I'm curious...do you have verified figures?

Over 90% at a guess (although I have seen figures of up to 98% mentioned on this site) of prostitution in Thailand is for Thais. Places like Pattaya, Pukhet, Sukhumvit are just a drop in the ocean. How many karaoke bars, 'massage' shops do you think there are in Thailand that are not in tourist areas? I do not live in a tourist area. I live just outside BKK and I reckon if I went 1 hr in any direction there would be 100's. Think of Issan. Thousands of karaoke bars. I don't think one really needs "verified" stats to know that most prostitution in Thailand isn't for 'servicing' foreign tourists.

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Also, frequently to avoid working for a living, pretending to be contrite over some serious or not-so-serious matter or just hiding from someone over a criminal activity that went wrong.  Yep, there are good and bad; and way to many bad!!!!

I wonder how the number of "bad" (monks) compare with the western priests molesting, raping and dehumanizing minors, oprhans etc.

Posted (edited)

:smile:

defrock.jpg

Edited by hyku1147
format photo

1 hour ago, SouthernDelight said:

I wonder how the number of "bad" (monks) compare with the western priests molesting, raping and dehumanizing minors, oprhans etc.

Good question. Probably similar number and similar reasons for becoming cloistered too.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

:smile:

defrock.jpg

On some occasions it might be nice to be invited to a defrocking.   One example might be above as long as it was a mutually consented defrocking of course, as I am a very politically correct guy.  I didn't say PC in case someone thought I meant BIB.  

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 8:48 AM, Knocker33 said:

So being a monk is classed as a job then?

No different from sending kids out to sell gum and take their money when they get back.  It's the job of "respectable" begging.

On 13/08/2017 at 3:34 AM, SouthernDelight said:

You could go ask the Pope .. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, dinsdale said:

On the contrary, it's a very accurate headline:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_City_(description)