pr9spk

Thinking of moving to Isaan

On 10/27/2017 at 8:46 PM, pr9spk said:

Update:

I am still here in Isaan.

I am enjoying it a lot and in some respects wish I had left it all behind, I do not want to go back to the UK.

I have turned down 2 jobs in the 30-35k baht range because of the working hours and location but have a good interview lined up for next week, for a much more convenient posting.

Yes, I am sure all the people who cut me down would love to see me get burned by my employer and end up "living under a bridge", but to be honest my life here is massively more enjoyable than being in the UK. Life is too short to be unhappy and I am very happy here, although I can fully understand why some people might be bored. For me, a day spent walking and then fishing in the sun is as good as life gets. And when I get home it gets even better. Tasty food and fantastic company.

People are warm, friendly and VERY trustworthy.

I may end up dead in a paddy field somewhere or even worse. But shit happens in the UK too, and at least I will have died happy instead of depressed in a wet grey shithole town in the UK.

I still haven't commited but if I spend much more time in the UK I will be very disappointed.

I was in Phanom Phrai last year and an old guy, wealthy, ex london cab driver put it simply: "I feel loved here."

• Like 2

Just read all the thread.

Congratulations, OP, oftenly the best things in life come from the boldest actions. Even when life gives you no choice, dead ends, etc every problematic/unhappy situation is a chance to make a bet and find your own happiness elsewhere.

The world is too vaste to stick to frustration...

Keep posting from time to time. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Most men have become so hungry for love, or emotionally desperate for some kindness, and TLC

You have hit the nail on the head here 007 IMO, difficult to tell people this when you see them falling headlong into a disaster, probably very difficult to realise when you are one of the many suffering! ?

On 8/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, spidermike007 said:

Whatever you do, if you decide to move here, take your time.

He moved here just under a year ago.