pr9spk

Thinking of moving to Isaan

On 10/27/2017 at 8:46 PM, pr9spk said:

Update:

I am still here in Isaan.

I am enjoying it a lot and in some respects wish I had left it all behind, I do not want to go back to the UK.

I have turned down 2 jobs in the 30-35k baht range because of the working hours and location but have a good interview lined up for next week, for a much more convenient posting.

Yes, I am sure all the people who cut me down would love to see me get burned by my employer and end up "living under a bridge", but to be honest my life here is massively more enjoyable than being in the UK. Life is too short to be unhappy and I am very happy here, although I can fully understand why some people might be bored. For me, a day spent walking and then fishing in the sun is as good as life gets. And when I get home it gets even better. Tasty food and fantastic company.

People are warm, friendly and VERY trustworthy.

I may end up dead in a paddy field somewhere or even worse. But shit happens in the UK too, and at least I will have died happy instead of depressed in a wet grey shithole town in the UK.

I still haven't commited but if I spend much more time in the UK I will be very disappointed.

I was in Phanom Phrai last year and an old guy, wealthy, ex london cab driver put it simply: "I feel loved here."