Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

Thai driver in lucky escape as she is nearly speared on the tollway!

Jonmarleesco    1,569
9 hours ago, bill014 said:

Looking at the picture, I would say it came from the outbound side, hence why it's entered right to left.

It came from the right, inbound or outbound, depending on which side she was on.

DipStick    462
7 hours ago, pumpjack said:

no doubt this has fallen from the back of a vehicle,           in thailand  i have seen countless hundreds of vehicles heavy laden / overloaded  with metal rods , building materials etc etc not properly secured and allways dread to think what would happen,   i hit the peddle and get past these types very quickly.

cops should impose very very stiff fines for over loaders and the like

no doubt this has fallen from the back of a vehicle,           in thailand  i have seen countless hundreds of vehicles heavy laden / overloaded  with metal rods , building materials etc etc not properly secured and allways dread to think what would happen,   i hit the peddle and get past these types very quickly.

"No Doubt " wow so confident, so let's play the speculation game. Could this debris have  fallen from the boarding steps of an aircraft departing DM (for ten points correctly identify the airline), however what is not speculation is the drivers reactions (1) call the insurance and (2) call the police ! ! Now that's what I call public spirited, bugger everyone else, where is my money.

richard_smith237    6,152
On 8/13/2017 at 0:29 PM, pumpjack said:

Indeed - it is in fact against the law to have an uncovered pickup or lorry on Thailands Expressways and Tollways.... 

However, I never see such vehicles prevented from passing a Toll Booth... Stiff fines would and effective policing would do so much more towards preventing avoidable and potentially catastrophic incidents.